PDA

View Full Version : DDV7 @ 3 gun

karlglen101
08-03-12, 08:27
I'm still very new to AR ownership. I've shot rifles my entire life, but have always been known as "the pistol guy". I have an affinity for 1911's, which has now started to grow towards my AR.
I bought the DDV7 new back around April. I shot it with Troy irons at my first 3 gun match and shot sub par. I knew my irons weren't completely dialed in. About 2 months ago I received my micro H-1. I finally got to sight it in around the 4th of July. I was finally able to put my DD to the test this past weekend for a 3 gun team event. I smoked everything I laid my sight on! I have it sighted for a 50/200 yard zero. I was crushing water bottles at 50 yards standing, going 4/4 out of 5 bottles. Clay pigeons at 50 also stood no chance. On the 200 yard range, I went 24/25 on paper between 25, 50, 75, 100, and 200 yards. Most of those scored in the 9 on the silhouette, with several bulls and 10's. I was using a mix of 55gr AE cheap stuff I bought from midway, and some friend's 55gr. hand loads. My only bad round was shooting head shots at somewhere less than 50 yards. I forgot to hold over slightly so all my shots landed square on the neck - great grouping, just too low.

All I have to say is this gun is accurate, and I'm just beginning to tap it's potential. I love it! The only thing I want to change right now is the trigger. I'd like to drop a wilson tactical 3-4lb trigger in it and call it good. I'm used to that trigger with my 1911's, so I feel it would greatly improve my accuracy and cause me to pull less shots under pressure.

AKDoug
08-03-12, 10:08
As long as it's a gamer, the lighter trigger would probably be good. I subscribe to the theory that running a G.I. trigger allows me to pick up any AR and stand a chance of shooting it well, and G.I. triggers have been proven to be ultra reliable. I've been tempted numerous times to put a "better" trigger in my V7, but have so far resisted that temptation.

My V7 is very accurate as well. If I do my part from the bench I can easily shoot 5 rnd sub 1" groups. I have Barnes 77gr handloads that have gone under 2" at 200 yards.

justin_247
08-03-12, 15:48
Get a Geissele G2S. It's only $125 and the quality is superb.

You also may want to try the ALG Defense trigger. Although I haven't tried it, yet, it's only $65.