PDA

View Full Version : General Tune up Questions

Gold1am
08-03-12, 10:33
Hi Everyone,
I have an LMT, and a friend of mine just bought a Stag Arms 3G. I know my way around an AR (4 years in the Marines), but both my buddy and I found that his Stag Arms kicks like a mule! Any recommendations as to what he/we can do to reduce the recoil? Thanks!

MrSmitty
08-03-12, 11:32
Try an H or even an H2 buffer. Maybe a Sprinco blue spring.

Do some searching on here and you will find plenty of remedies for an overgassed rifle.

C4IGrant
08-03-12, 12:00

Do some searching on here and you will find plenty of remedies for an overgassed rifle.

This.

C4

SomeOtherGuy
08-03-12, 13:25
Contact Stag and ask them to fix it, since half the point of that model is to be soft-shooting for 3 gunners.

Otherwise, the above, or maybe an VLTOR A5 recoil system, and consider a different brake than the stock version.

HKBanger
08-03-12, 15:04
Easy fix. Replace the Stag 3G with a LMT. :D

Otherwise, go to Operationparts.com and get the LMT H buffer for like $20. You may even want to go with an H2 if it's that badly overgassed.

Edward78
08-03-12, 19:02
My 6.8 was kicking bad tried H2 and H3 and a heavier spring nothing helped that much ended buying adjustable gas block

Gold1am
08-03-12, 19:09
Excellent. Thanks everyone!

trackmagic
08-06-12, 17:37
My 6.8 was kicking bad tried H2 and H3 and a heavier spring nothing helped that much ended buying adjustable gas block

How do you like your adjustable block? I thought that was a cool idea when I saw it. I was trying to think of any negatives. Nothing came up, but I was wondering if maybe it would be more susceptible to fowling.

I like the idea of limiting the gas to only what it needs to keep the gun cleaner and possibly more reliable.

dangertree
08-19-12, 20:25
Easy fix. Replace the Stag 3G with a LMT. :D

Otherwise, go to Operationparts.com and get the LMT H buffer for like $20. You may even want to go with an H2 if it's that badly overgassed.

Wow! That's retarded. :D

18"Bbl + 12" Gas. Use the H2 Buffer to smooth recoil.

Curious to the reply. How would you assume overgassed to this question? Never seen that in Stag Arms.

markm
08-20-12, 08:46
START with an H2...

MarkG
08-20-12, 09:30

There's that misnomer again... The rifle has to be "overgassed" or it wouldn't run.

While an adjustable gas block may not be the cheapest solution, it's probably a sure fix. Many spring and buffer combinations are ammunition dependent. The SWAG method certainly drives the parts market and leads to the law of unintended consequences. I think gauging the gas port would be a good place to start.