PDA

View Full Version : Tell me if I got a good price on this Nightforce.

Alaskapopo
08-03-12, 18:28
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=307098&Number=3481188#Post3481188

It has a Zero stop so I figured it was worth around $1800 new. Anyway I am replacing my Vortex PST with this. I miss my older Nightforce 5.5-22 and this seemed perfect for my 20 inch Remmy.
Pat

oni
08-04-12, 01:02
EuroOptics sells the same model for a few dollars under 1800 + Shipping.

Nightforce Scopes tend to hold their value pretty well. I think its a pretty decent deal for High Speed knobs and Zero-Stop.

Enjoy your scope.

JohnnyC
08-04-12, 02:52
Randy at Mile High is a stand-up guy and very good to go. You got a fair price that works well for both of you.

Alaskapopo
08-04-12, 05:12
Cool thanks guys.
pat

GLB
08-04-12, 11:09
Good deal Pat, Looking forward to trying it out when you get it.

Greg

orkan
08-04-12, 11:15
Nightforce Scopes tend to hold their value pretty well. That's because they artificially inflate their prices, controlling the market by refusing to sell to dealers that sell at prices they don't approve of.

Richard Belott
08-04-12, 11:34
Very nice I would say that it was a good deal

Alaskapopo
08-04-12, 15:41
Cool thanks guys. Can barely wait to get it in and shoot it.
pat

The Surgeon
08-10-12, 02:32
Nightforce has "MAP" pricing, so everyone is "for the most part" suppose to sell at or around the same price.

orkan
08-10-12, 08:53
Nightforce has "MAP" pricing, so everyone is "for the most part" suppose to sell at or around the same price. They have MAP... but they also have MSP. Two entirely different things.

One controls the price which is actively ADVERTISTED.
One controls the price which is actively SOLD.

The first ensures no unfair advantage in terms of blanket advertising. It's healthy. If they earn a customer via phone, email, or pm... they can SELL for whatever they want. They decide how much money they want to make. They purchased the item... and its THEIRS and they can do whatever the hell they want with it.

The second ensures that the free market system is destroyed. It artificially controls the price of an item, rather than allowing the market to decide the price. It sucks money out of people's pockets, and puts it in the pocket of dealers. The REAL price, meaning dealer price, is always eventually found out, and that is what the scopes sell for used. It also creates a bunch of bickering bullshit among the industry. Instead of being free to charge what they like, and make whatever profit they like... dealers are forced to sell at a certain price. It makes gear MORE EXPENSIVE for the end user. Dealers that don't play ball, get snitched out by the pussy dealers out there whom find it more important to make huge sums of money than put quality gear in people's hands. Of course the manufacturers love this bullshit MSP system because now they can claim that because all dealers have a "fair" system to sell under... ANYONE can be competitive if they deal their product. In short, it's good for the dealer and good for the manufacturer... but absolute dogshit for the end user.

AR15barrels
08-10-12, 15:45
The second ensures that the free market system is destroyed. It artificially controls the price of an item, rather than allowing the market to decide the price. It sucks money out of people's pockets, and puts it in the pocket of dealers. The REAL price, meaning dealer price, is always eventually found out, and that is what the scopes sell for used. It also creates a bunch of bickering bullshit among the industry. Instead of being free to charge what they like, and make whatever profit they like... dealers are forced to sell at a certain price. It makes gear MORE EXPENSIVE for the end user. Dealers that don't play ball, get snitched out by the pussy dealers out there whom find it more important to make huge sums of money than put quality gear in people's hands. Of course the manufacturers love this bullshit MSP system because now they can claim that because all dealers have a "fair" system to sell under... ANYONE can be competitive if they deal their product. In short, it's good for the dealer and good for the manufacturer... but absolute dogshit for the end user.

Yep.
It also probably violates some sort of free trade law.

Alaskapopo
08-23-12, 16:09
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/manually%20operated%20rifles/Remington700withNightforce.jpg
Got it mounted and sighted in. Need to do up a range card for it and try it out further.
Pat