PDA

View Full Version : Shot my Colt 6940 today.

fallenangelhim
08-04-12, 14:57
Wow, I cannot believe that last year I really thought the AK was a better rifle and that the AR-15 platform was unnecessary.

I just got my Colt M4 with Aimpoint M4 and 3x magnifier and all I can say is WOW.

I don't think I've ever hit so many bulls-eye shots in any of my AKs ever, (either that or I was just a terrible shot with it).

I see what the fuss is all about now.

I do have a question with cleaning. How do you clean the barrel inside? How clean is clean? It took a while and the barrel was still coming out with smudge, eventually I thought I spent enough time with it and called it a day. Also, is it okay to use the wire brush attachment cleaning that came with the Colt cleaning kit?

DasBulk
08-04-12, 16:02
Welcome.. But...
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5mmxBWuqNCg/TxwBqgWAR_I/AAAAAAAABBA/l0k_oKEGD_g/s1600/7efc0b3f_not_sure_if_serious_jack_nicholson_the_shining.jpeg

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m563/CountBulkula/dudecomeon.jpg

Split66
08-04-12, 16:07
Glad to hear you are enjoying your pony. Make sure to rape the search button up top, any question you have probably has been answered. Search button is your best friend here.

As for cleaning, it doesnt have to be white glove unless you are OCD. Wipe down your upper receiver, Bolt carrier group components with a rag GENEROUSLY LUBE and shoot the piss out of it. Maybe every 500 rounds or so you can clean the chamber up, get under the extractor and put a few patches through. If it takes you anymore than 10 or 15 minutes for a detail clean you are wasting your time.

Pistol Shooter
08-04-12, 16:29
Wow, I cannot believe that last year I really thought the AK was a better rifle and that the AR-15 platform was unnecessary.

I just got my Colt M4 with Aimpoint M4 and 3x magnifier and all I can say is WOW.

I don't think I've ever hit so many bulls-eye shots in any of my AKs ever, (either that or I was just a terrible shot with it).

I see what the fuss is all about now.

I do have a question with cleaning. How do you clean the barrel inside? How clean is clean? It took a while and the barrel was still coming out with smudge, eventually I thought I spent enough time with it and called it a day. Also, is it okay to use the wire brush attachment cleaning that came with the Colt cleaning kit?

I have two 6940's and absolutely love them. Great rifles. :D

If you read the manual of arms that came with your Colt, it should answer all your questions.

And as others here have mentioned, the Search Function might help you too.

Enjoy your new Colt.