PDA

View Full Version : Finally found an SWR Specwar

gafirefighter
08-05-12, 07:09
As the title says, I finally found one. Put the money down on it, and now I am just waiting for the form 3. Luckily I work at the dealer it is shipping to. So in a month or two, when the form 3 actually clears, I will get to shoot it. I will be sure to let you all know how that goes.

Adam

travgrif
08-05-12, 17:37
I bought mine in June. My dealer had just one in stock. So am lucky enough to have not had to wait for a form 3.

gafirefighter
08-05-12, 20:19
Just wondering what you think of it? I have just read what I can find, but have not actually even seen one yet. Took a chance on it.

Adam

JoshNC
08-05-12, 23:12
Congrats! I assume this is the new Specwar with their ASR mounting system.

I have one of the early Specwar-2 cans and it is slightly longer than the later models. It is very quiet. I have had issue with the bi-lock mount binding after extended firing, most of which has been fullauto and with a 10.5 inch LMT upper. I have sort of retired it to the back of the safe and generally shoot my AAC M4-2k ('08 51-tooth) more frequently now as the mount doesn't bind like the bi-lock.

The new ASR mounting system they are using on the Specwar looks nice on paper, though I don't have any experience with it. The Specwar-2 has always been a very quiet can. I don't think you can go wrong with SWR.

gafirefighter
08-05-12, 23:21
Josh,

Thanks for the information. This is the newer version with the thread mount. SWR seems like a great company to deal with.

Adam

travgrif
08-06-12, 12:09
I picked up the new ASR version. It's seems like its a pretty solid lockup and just a solid all around suppressor. They had an AAC M4-2000 there as well and just couldn't justify the price difference. I bought the Octane 9 HD as well. Now I might go back and get a Spectre 2.

gafirefighter
08-06-12, 12:37
I actually had an M4 2000 on order and I cancelled it to pick this up. I have shot quite a few, and own a couple. This is a nice can for a nice price.

Adam

gafirefighter
08-21-12, 20:36
Form 3 cleared and the Specwar 556 is on the way to my shop. Luckily I work at said shop, so now I get to shoot it. Review to follow soon.

Adam

LonghunterCO
08-21-12, 22:18
Interested in hearing feedback on how these sound (or don't).

gafirefighter
08-24-12, 20:55
Its sounds, or doesn't sound awesome. I am very impressed with the performance of this suppressor. For the money, I do not think I could have made a better decision. Mounted it on my 16" Colt 6720 and fired 70 rounds through it. I will get some pictures and a video up soon.

On a side note, it has been a while since I shot one of my rifles suppressed. Sometimes I forget just how much carbon they leave behind. It is also amazing how much unburnt powder can be left in the can from certain ammunition. Sure is fun though ;). Sounds as good as my 556-212, but my ears are not calibrated.

Adam

gafirefighter
08-26-12, 21:21
Here is a quick video I shot today. Not the best, but at least it is something. 10 rounds of 5.56.

Adam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52eTNOVTnfY&feature=plcp