PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rocket trigger(3.5) kit for Glock

MFWIC2
08-05-12, 11:52
Has anybody changed the stock trigger connector for a Ghost Trigger 3.5 connector or the Ghost Rocket complete kit?
And if so did you notice any improvement in overall performance?
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24837/Product/ROCKET-3-5-TRIGGER-KIT-for-GLOCK-reg-

Thanks

kenndapp
08-05-12, 13:00
had one for a g21sf. made the trigger lighter but very mushy. i quickly ditched it after ending up with multiple dead triggers when using +p ammo.

Singlestack Wonder
08-05-12, 13:04
The ghost rocker trigger connector adds too much slop to the overall action.

bp7178
08-05-12, 14:30
Thats surprising...

I keep looking at getting a handgun for competition and always go full circle to the 1911.

There are other platforms for which there are mods to improve the weapon, but reviews are always mixed.

It seems if you want a 1911 like trigger....buy a 1911.

MILSHOOTER
08-05-12, 14:51
I have had no issues with the connector but I switched back to the factory Glock springs after several failures to fire. The kit is expensive for what you get. If you are going to get something, get the connector and try it out, and then try the springs separately. I tried these parts in a gen 2 G17.

kenndapp
08-05-12, 15:29
any time i tried a cheap small part short cut to a better glock trigger i have always found it to be sub-par. a few good things you can do are...... polish contact points of internal parts (25 cent trigger job), connector of your choice ( oem or lonewolf are usually the ones people keep), and possibly a 6# trigger spring to bring down the pull weight a few ounces. but even all that really wont change the trigger characteristics on a glock all that much. in my limited experience you either have to accept the glock trigger for what it is and roll with it. or you can go full retard and order a trigger kit. no here is where you have to be careful because everyone and their mother makes glock trigger kits and they are not all created equal. i plan on going with a vanek classic. Charlie Vanek uses all oem parts and the man knows what he is doing. and if you want a fully functional glock...you should never mess with the striker assembly, no matter what can do for your trigger. any time i did i deeply regretted it.

mizer67
08-05-12, 15:49
Charlie Vanek uses all oem parts and the man knows what he is doing.

Vanek's Classic kits are not "all OEM", nor do most of his kits use mostly OEM parts.

The Vanek Classic kit has a LWD 3.5 connector, LWD safety plunger, Wolff firing pin springs and LWD trigger housing with overtravel stop, for instance.

Only the GSSF kits are all OEM parts.

He does know what he's doing.

skyugo
08-05-12, 15:53
I hear good things about the glock - connector and the glock NY trigger spring.

I've squeezed my stock glock trigger like 30,000 times though, so I'm kinda used to it. It's actually a decent trigger.

kenndapp
08-05-12, 15:55
I stand corrected. I was under the impression it was all 100% oem parts. Either way I am very interested to try a vanek classic kit with stock springs..... Should make for a very nice trigger.

mizer67
08-05-12, 18:30
I stand corrected. I was under the impression it was all 100% oem parts. Either way I am very interested to try a vanek classic kit with stock springs..... Should make for a very nice trigger.

I have this setup you're considering in a G17. I started with the full Classic kit and only kept the trigger bar and connector after experimenting with all of Vanek's included parts through many thousands of rounds.

I also have a LWD connector and a smooth trigger bar (with a minor tweak) in another Glock and the trigger pull is almost exactly the same, for much less than a Classic kit.

Fire_Medic
08-05-12, 19:14
All my Glocks have the Ghost Rocket 3.5 connector, polished internals, but I upgraded the trigger spring to a Wolff 6# which takes away the "mushiness" some talk about, and I also put a 6# striker spring as well.

Just like anything else with guns it's personal preference but for a $20 parts, about $8 in springs, and a half hour of your time at most it's a cheap try to see if you like it.

YMMV

og556
08-05-12, 19:39
3.5LBs Ghost connector feels good after its broken in.

kenndapp
08-05-12, 19:59
I have this setup you're considering in a G17. I started with the full Classic kit and only kept the trigger bar and connector after experimenting with all of Vanek's included parts through many thousands of rounds.

I also have a LWD connector and a smooth trigger bar (with a minor tweak) in another Glock and the trigger pull is almost exactly the same, for much less than a Classic kit.

so whats the "minor tweak"? care to save me some money?

74Highboy
08-05-12, 20:12
I put one in my G35 for competition and I like it. I was very careful and tested the trigger after each change in reset. It took me more than an hour and like Fire Medic I changed the trigger spring. I don't consider it to be "mushy". It's not as good as my 1911 but it is better than stock. I did not put one in my G27 as it is my carry gun and I notice the difference.

Rattlehead
08-05-12, 20:16
Skip the Ghost and get a Glock minus connector if you can.

mizer67
08-05-12, 20:30
so whats the "minor tweak"? care to save me some money?

Vanek drills a hole above the existing OEM one for the trigger return spring in the trigger bars he provides. It makes a (small) difference in the feel of the trigger. This is what I also did to my smooth trigger bar to replicate the feel of the Classic kit trigger bar as closesly as possible.

kenndapp
08-05-12, 21:40
i have seen the trigger bar modification on a you tube video i can find at the moment. it looks like a little intimidating. don't think i could RELIABLY pull it off. however, this thread has inspired me to purchase a new lwd connector (havnt tried yet). i am going to polish it up and slip it into my other wise stock g17 and see how that fairs before i jump to the vanek. thank you.

krm375
08-05-12, 23:35
http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/sid=53025/pid=27172/Product/TRIGGER-UPGRADE-COMPONENTS-for-GLOCK-reg-

I have heard that just putting in this brown ells kit will make the trigger a little better.

I have the Ghost in one of my 17s and so far the trigger seems like it has more slop but the trigger is lighter.

bp7178
08-06-12, 10:41
For those running the Glock "-" connector, are you running it with the olive green NY trigger spring less the coil?

From what I've read, the current production Glock Gen4 comes with the "-" connector. Any truth to this?

Magsz
08-06-12, 10:48
Current spec generation 4's come with a "." or dot connector, not a negative.

Magsz
08-06-12, 10:51
Vanek's Classic kits are not "all OEM", nor do most of his kits use mostly OEM parts.

The Vanek Classic kit has a LWD 3.5 connector, LWD safety plunger, Wolff firing pin springs and LWD trigger housing with overtravel stop, for instance.

Only the GSSF kits are all OEM parts.

He does know what he's doing.

Vanek does NOT use a LWD connector. He cuts his own from a factory minus connector.

He also does NOT use a LWD trigger housing with over travel stop, he makes his OWN...

I am also 99% certain that he is radiusing a polishing factory Glock striker Blocks but there are no distinguishing marks between OEM and LWD so i am not 100% sure on this. I am however 100% sure on the above mentioned parts.

mizer67
08-06-12, 21:06
Vanek does NOT use a LWD connector. He cuts his own from a factory minus connector.

He also does NOT use a LWD trigger housing with over travel stop, he makes his OWN...

I am also 99% certain that he is radiusing a polishing factory Glock striker Blocks but there are no distinguishing marks between OEM and LWD so i am not 100% sure on this. I am however 100% sure on the above mentioned parts.

I can pull the LWD connector out of my Vanek Classic trigger kit and take a picture if you'd like? It's clearly stamped LWD, but nicely polished.

Magsz
08-06-12, 22:18
I can pull the LWD connector out of my Vanek Classic trigger kit and take a picture if you'd like? It's clearly stamped LWD, but nicely polished.

I stand corrected. Did you purchase the kit second hand?

Every Vanek kit ive seen has NOT used a LWD connector.

http://www.vanekcustom.com/4.html

On this page he states he is using Glock OEM connectors. I wonder if he has made a sweeping change or if you somehow have an anomaly.

Thanks for the info Mizer.

Diesel44
08-07-12, 01:00
I have a Ghost 3.5 connector and spring kit in both my G17 and G19. Much better trigger pull IMO.

mizer67
08-07-12, 06:33
I stand corrected. Did you purchase the kit second hand?

Every Vanek kit ive seen has NOT used a LWD connector.

http://www.vanekcustom.com/4.html

On this page he states he is using Glock OEM connectors. I wonder if he has made a sweeping change or if you somehow have an anomaly.

Thanks for the info Mizer.

I purchased direct from Vanek.

On his page, he does sell tuned Glock OEM connectors obviously, and the GSSF kit does use all OEM parts, I believe, to be legal.

However, at least in my case my Classic kit was not all OEM. I never see where on his page he states he only uses OEM parts in his kits. He obviously allows the user to select some aftermarket stuff.

Magsz
08-07-12, 11:13
Mizer,

Either i asked him in an email or read about it on BENOS. I cant remember which as this was a year or so ago.

My info may be erroneous.

mizer67
08-07-12, 20:33
Mizer,

Either i asked him in an email or read about it on BENOS. I cant remember which as this was a year or so ago.

My info may be erroneous.

No worries, I'm only speaking from my sample of one as well.

MrPink
08-12-12, 18:55
OEM minus connector and a NY-1 spring for me. Works a lot like a DA revolver with a fairly crisp let off, for a Glock.

NulodPBall
06-23-13, 19:22
Just thought I'd share.

I installed the Ghost Ultimate 3.5 trigger kit that came with 4 springs.

I chose to install the 3.5# connector with 6# trigger spring and 6# firing pin spring. I did not install the light firing pin safety spring and did not use the 4# firing pin spring.

The instructions said that the 4# spring might cause some light primer strikes so that is going in the trash.

Update: I chose the two 6# springs because I believe they are something like 0.5# heavier than stock and I couldn't go wrong going slightly heavier, plus they are both fresh springs and going in at the same time. People only report trouble when going with lighter springs.

I like the trigger feel. It is now smooth and consistent. Not mushy.

I know people talk about liking the "catch" in the trigger pull so they know when the gun will fire but I'm not a fan of that.

My finger doesn't go on the trigger until I'm ready to fire, and when I pull the trigger I expect it to fire. When I am firing quickly and moving, I really can't just take up slack...I pull/squeeze and the gun goes bang and I am onto the next shot.

I am still working on remembering to hold the trigger in after the bang so I can use the break for a shorter reset but that motion kinda goes against my normal reactions but I'm working on it.

Overall, I like the change in the trigger with the connector and two 6# springs.

black22rifle
06-23-13, 20:28
I have a Ghost rocket in my 19 gen 4 and the trigger it not mushy at all, i really like it. I am using all of the stock springs however. At one time i tried it with the NY1 spring and it was horrible, i don't understand what people like about it. It felt way too long and heavy like a DAO gun.

FYI if you are going to install a Ghost rocket i recommend you give it the regular cut and not the Spaulding cut. The Spaulding cut gave me some trouble recently. While firing sometimes the trigger would not reset and i would have to tap and rack, this happened multiple times. I called ghost about it and they told me it was because the cut was too steep, which it was. They recommend a 5 degree cut on gen 3s and 3 degree cut on gen 4s which to me is so small that i don't see a point in doing it. I have installed another one with the standard cut and have had no problems. Ghost has great CS by the way, they replaced the one i messed up with a new one at no cost.

bullittmcqueen
06-23-13, 20:48
I've tried many combos, and what ive found to feel the best is a drop in 3.5 connector with a well polished trigger bar, safety plunger, and striker. Fwiw, my ghost 3.5 feels as good as the factory minus connector that came in my 34. Correct polishing takes away all the grittiness in the trigger pull.

I started with a ghost rocket and haven't used them again. The over travel stop has been unnecessary in my opinion.

Glock triggers are all different. You never know what is gonna work and what won't.

kenndapp
06-23-13, 21:37
i actually have 2 ghost rockets that where custom fit very well. after switching to vannek i dont need them anymore. pm me if you want em.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1678651#post1678651

Ttwwaack
06-24-13, 03:10
I tried the rocket connector kit and pulled it out after three range trips with tinkerin' in between in an attempt to fix trigger bar bypass of the connector. Get on ebay and get a factory - connector and follow Grant's Glock trigger tutorial. I'm back to stock but liked the feel of the 3.5 with ny1 for a more positive reset.

If it is a game gun try the rocket or LF. If it is an IDLH firearm I'd highly recommend factory parts for reliability.

CAVDOC
06-24-13, 10:12
Agree with bp7178 light triggers on 1911's ok glocks not so much. The best investment a new glock shooter can make is to have some practice sessions with someone who really knows the glock trigger then take a class ( recently did he1 with costa myself) running the glock and you will manage the stock trigger just fine

PA PATRIOT
06-24-13, 11:37
Simple and low cost is to first do a light 25 cent polish job, 3.5lb connector, either a Wolf extra power trigger spring or a Glock NY1 and a six pound firing pin spring.

Grease all the contact points and enjoy.