PDA

View Full Version : Middy uper and "F" marked front sight base

urbankaos04
01-26-08, 23:20
Well, much to my surprise I read (here on M4carbine.net) that a mid-length with a "F" marked front sight base may have issues when trying to get a battle sight zero. I was not aware of this. So, does this mean that ONLY 14.5" barrelled uppers should have the "F" marked front sight base?

I have a GTS Operator upper (16" mid-length) that I'm going to zero in next weekend. I'm going to use the Santose improved battle sight zero, and I sure hope I don't run into any problmes. But, I have a TROY rear sight, so I don't know how the procedure will be affected as the last time I used this zeroing method I had a detachable handle.

Thoughts??

SuicideHz
01-27-08, 00:18
No, "F" marked front sight bases are for Flat Tops with a carry handle and most rear BUIS besides ARMS.

ETA: you will be fine with TROY.

urbankaos04
01-27-08, 12:49
Just re-read the thread in question and it appears that the guy was having issues with his BZ because he didn't lower the front sight enough. LOL.

skyugo
01-29-08, 20:22
Just re-read the thread in question and it appears that the guy was having issues with his BZ because he didn't lower the front sight enough. LOL.

yeah i got it working now. :D

the front sight does have to sit quite low for the "improved battlesight zero" (zero at 50 yards) so don't be surprised by that.