PDA

View Full Version : Zero Dark Thirty

J_Dub_503
08-07-12, 21:38
Heads up for a movie about Operation Neptune Spear (the mission to capture or kill Osama bin Laden.) I hope the movie stays more focused towards the operation it's self rather than the events leading up to it.

Trailer (http://youtu.be/EYFhFYoDAo4)

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-07-12, 22:17
But where is Obama? I thought he pulled the trigger.

Here hoping its more Act of Valor than West Wing.

Seems like lots of nobody actors except for Chandler. That's good for me. Ensamble casts and Hollywood elite don't bode well for movies.

SeriousStudent
08-07-12, 22:33
From the same guy that did "The Hurt Locker"........

Rattlehead
08-07-12, 22:53
From the same guy & gal that did "The Hurt Locker".............

Wake27
08-08-12, 00:17

Yeah, girl. I saw about thirty seconds of The Hurt Locker. Can't remember what I saw, but it was so inaccurate and Hollywood that I changed it and won't ever watch it. Little military inaccuracies like that piss me off. I think it was a uniform thing...

Jellybean
08-08-12, 00:39
At the end of the movie our Dear Leader will pop on to the screen and say "you guys didn't do that!"
:p

tuck
08-08-12, 01:29
At the end of the movie our Dear Leader will pop on to the screen and say "you guys didn't do that!"
:p

:lol:

I really hope this movie doesn't suck... I won't be holding my breath though.

CarlosDJackal
08-08-12, 08:16
I'm curious where the movie producers received their details from. Have they declassified this information so soon after it has happened?

Smuckatelli
08-08-12, 08:43
I'm curious where the movie producers received their details from. Have they declassified this information so soon after it has happened?

No, it wasn't declassified.....the White House gave them access:

The White House gave Hollywood filmmakers special access to information about the raid that killed Usama bin Laden for a movie to be released later this year, records obtained by a watchdog group show.

Oscar-winning director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal were even offered a meeting with a SEAL Team Six leader who helped plan the historic operation, according to a transcript of their July 2011 meeting with a Pentagon official.

"The basic idea is they'll make a guy available who was involved from the beginning as a planner, a SEAL Team 6 Operator and Commander," Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Michael Vickers told the filmmakers, according to the transcript published by conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/05/23/obama-administration-gave-filmmakers-special-access-to-information-about-usama/#ixzz22xwkiurH

Smuckatelli
08-08-12, 08:53
The film was supposed to be released in October...in time for the elections.

The untitled film's release date was originally a point of controversy a few months back. According to The New York Times, the pre-election release date was theorized to bolster President Obama's campaign by romanticizing his triumph over Osama Bin Laden on the big screen. Among those who objected the timely release was Peter King, Republican chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security. However, Bigelow and Boal claimed that the release date was never intended to push any political agenda.

Sony Pictures also noted that the film's October release was set because it was the best available spot in a crowded action-thriller lineup. Of course, now that the film's release has been pushed back, the film's alleged political conflict is pretty much rendered moot.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/05/23/obama-administration-gave-filmmakers-special-access-to-information-about-usama/

The movie is political, I doubt that Sony will change their minds again and release it before the election but we will be unindated with trailers for it before the election. I'm curious to see how they work President Obama into the next trailers.

CarlosDJackal
08-08-12, 08:58
That is such bullshit. Makes you wonder if the ambush that was planned and executed against the DEVGRU, August 6th, 2011 which brought down a Chinook and killed 38 Warriors was a result of intelligence gleaned from the leaked details?

In my job if I were to leak this type of classified information I would be fired, my security clearance yanked forever, and probably prosecuted and jailed. I hope this asshole and his cronies loose big in November and the next POTUS and that he orders and investigation on this leak and persecute those guilty. :mad:

Moose-Knuckle
08-08-12, 15:51
I wonder if Disney owns the rights?

Ironman8
08-08-12, 16:15
Hope the movie doesn't suck as bad as the trailer did...

SWATcop556
08-09-12, 16:26
Read an article somewhere that the POTUS wasn't even going to be in or portrayed in the film. It is suppose to be about the 3-4 months leading up to the mission and it's execution.

They will still find a way to **** it up though. Hurt Locker sucked balls.

Voodoo_Man
08-09-12, 16:29
looks interesting

duece71
08-09-12, 21:19
The film was supposed to be released in October...in time for the elections.
The untitled film's release date was originally a point of controversy a few months back. According to The New York Times, the pre-election release date was theorized to bolster President Obama's campaign by romanticizing his triumph over Osama Bin Laden on the big screen. Among those who objected the timely release was Peter King, Republican chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security. However, Bigelow and Boal claimed that the release date was never intended to push any political agenda.

Sony Pictures also noted that the film's October release was set because it was the best available spot in a crowded action-thriller lineup. Of course, now that the film's release has been pushed back, the film's alleged political conflict is pretty much rendered moot.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/05/23/obama-administration-gave-filmmakers-special-access-to-information-about-usama/

The movie is political, I doubt that Sony will change their minds again and release it before the election but we will be unindated with trailers for it before the election. I'm curious to see how they work President Obama into the next trailers.

This is where it all starts, propaganda movies.....
Hopefully it doesn't suck, or if it does, it seals (no pun intended, no offense either) his fate as a one term POTUS.

feedramp
08-09-12, 22:41
I enjoyed Hurt Locker. *shrug* Wonder if all the action in this was shown in the trailer and it'll be a lot of posturing and suspenseful music with very little action.

HighSpeedDreams
11-25-12, 16:32
Stoked to see it.

http://undertheradar.military.com/2012/10/getting-a-handle-on-zero-dark-thirty/

LowSpeed_HighDrag
11-25-12, 16:53
The Hurt Locker= Urban Dictionary's definition of "Santorum"

I have no high hopes for this movie being that it was a bastardchild from Obama and a retarded director.

GeorgiaBoy
11-25-12, 17:26
I think perhaps the most interesting part of the movie will be the "stealth" UH-60's. I wonder if that is what the really look like, considering the "classified" information these movie producers got their hands on.

That has always been one of the most fascinating parts of the entire operation. Who developed those Black Hawks? How long have they existed? Have they been used before this mission? Is there just 1, or 20? What kind of technology do they have? Questions.. questions...

jaxman7
11-25-12, 17:43
I think perhaps the most interesting part of the movie will be the "stealth" UH-60's. I wonder if that is what the really look like, considering the "classified" information these movie producers got their hands on.

That has always been one of the most fascinating parts of the entire operation. Who developed those Black Hawks? How long have they existed? Have they been used before this mission? Is there just 1, or 20? What kind of technology do they have? Questions.. questions...

Extremely curious about them as well. Don't expect much enlightenment concerning these helos in the movie though.

I anxiously read through No Easy Day looking for any info on them but the book mentions nothing about these new aircraft.

-Jax

GeorgiaBoy
11-25-12, 17:47
Extremely curious about them as well. Don't expect much enlightenment concerning these helos in the movie though.

I anxiously read through No Easy Day looking for any info on them but the book mentions nothing about these new aircraft.

-Jax

There is a scene in the trailer where they are opening the hangar door where the birds are, with a group (apparently SEALS) looking on. They may say a few things, but like you said, it will probably be limited.

From my research, these helo's are still cloaked in mystery. SOF guys claiming never have never even heard of a stealth helo project at all, regardless of details. Sadly, the Chinese government probably knows 10x more about them than we ever will.

Some artists were more conservative in their guesses on what they look at:

http://images.defensetech.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/silent-hawk.jpg

While others went more extreme, and this one looks a lot more like the ones in the movie.

http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/2011/06/22__09_22_34/mh60stealthB8.jpg32fa15e0-0f07-4c86-b16f-456afa13c72bLarge.jpg

rojocorsa
11-25-12, 23:30
I wouldn't be surprised if this movie borrowed a lot from that book release about the raid. I just finished reading it. It talks about that one chick a lot who I assume is that redhead in the trailer.

R/Tdrvr
11-26-12, 09:40
No, it wasn't declassified.....the White House gave them access:

The White House gave Hollywood filmmakers special access to information about the raid that killed Usama bin Laden for a movie to be released later this year, records obtained by a watchdog group show.

Oscar-winning director Kathryn Bigelow and screenwriter Mark Boal were even offered a meeting with a SEAL Team Six leader who helped plan the historic operation, according to a transcript of their July 2011 meeting with a Pentagon official.

"The basic idea is they'll make a guy available who was involved from the beginning as a planner, a SEAL Team 6 Operator and Commander," Under Secretary of Defense for Intelligence Michael Vickers told the filmmakers, according to the transcript published by conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/05/23/obama-administration-gave-filmmakers-special-access-to-information-about-usama/#ixzz22xwkiurH

Yep, the info was deemed ok enough to give to Hollywood, but not to the public. :rolleyes:

Moose-Knuckle
11-27-12, 03:13
Operation Thunderbolt was executed on 4 July 1976 and the Hollywood film entitled Raid on Entebbe was released 9 January 1977. So this is not the first time a movie has been released soon after a highly publicized counter terrorism operation. It will be interesting however to see how the film influenced by the White House will differ from the SEAL’s book.

R/Tdrvr
11-27-12, 12:06
:rolleyes:
Operation Thunderbolt was executed on 4 July 1976 and the Hollywood film entitled Raid on Entebbe was released 9 January 1977. So this is not the first time a movie has been released soon after a highly publicized counter terrorism operation. It will be interesting however to see how the film influenced by the White House will differ from the SEAL’s book.

Don't know if that was directed at my post, but my point was that the so called "transparent" Administration said for days after the raid that the info and details about it were classified and were of a sensitive nature and could not be released to the public. Then they turn around and give "exclusive" access to said information to Hollywood.

Moose-Knuckle
11-27-12, 16:28
:rolleyes:

Don't know if that was directed at my post, but my point was that the so called "transparent" Administration said for days after the raid that the info and details about it were classified and were of a sensitive nature and could not be released to the public. Then they turn around and give "exclusive" access to said information to Hollywood.

No, it was not a response to your post above. Merely an obeservation on my part concerning counter terror history and Hollywood.