PDA

View Full Version : Mt 6400c 2008 model

stevew4680
01-27-08, 12:37
Hi folks i was wondering if anyone could help me out . i just purchased January of 2008 .A COLT MODEL MT6400C M4. I live in Massachusetts so we can only buy certain Models. Can you folks tell me if i can remove the lousy muzzle break they got on and put a beehive type on ...

Boris
01-28-08, 19:10
It can definitely be done because it's just pinned on there but there are no threads underneath. A question I'd have is can you do it legally in your state if you have restrictions on which models you can purchase/own?

I asked Colt recently and they won't modify that model to install a birdcage or anything else for that matter. You'll void any warranty if you get someone else to remove it.

fwiw, if you can get over the non-traditional look, the brake is rather effective (albeit LOUD).

-B

Safetyhit
01-28-08, 20:07
You can, but you shouldn't unless you replace it with another conforming brake. Living here in New Jersey, we have the same deal. Otherwise you are likely committing a felony, which is an absolute disgrace to all who are capable of rational thought.

GDITheman
01-29-08, 06:49
The brake will propably shoot itself loose and fall off at some point. Mine did. It was sent out to have the barrel threaded after the ban. You could do the same as long as they permantly attach a new brake.

Mr. Clean
01-29-08, 07:46
Hi folks i was wondering if anyone could help me out . i just purchased January of 2008 .A COLT MODEL MT6400C M4.

Sorry for the slight drift ... but can you tell me if you bought the 6400C new and where you got it? And more importantly if they had more for sale?

Here in CT, the Colt MT line is the only Colt AR we can legally own and we are bound by most of the same silly AWB issues as you are in MA. These models seem to be very tough to come by new.

Thanks.

Safetyhit
01-29-08, 09:37
Sorry for the slight drift ... but can you tell me if you bought the 6400C new and where you got it? And more importantly if they had more for sale?

Here in CT, the Colt MT line is the only Colt AR we can legally own and we are bound by most of the same silly AWB issues as you are in MA. These models seem to be very tough to come by new.

Thanks.

I purchased mine from a seller on Gunbroker.com. Should find some there, just arrange to have it sent to a FFL dealer in your area. They will know what to do after you contact them. Figure you will probably pay a $25 transfer fee.

Edit: I just checked and don't see any now, but they pop up often enough. Also maybe try the Equipment Exchange on AR15.com