PDA

View Full Version : Yeah another Bushmaster question..

Edm
01-27-08, 15:01
I bought a new Bushmaster 20" A2 upper with a Gov profile barrel about 5 years ago. It was preban configured. Few months later picked up a Bushmaster lower. I added a CMT M16 BCG from G&R. So..And I am honestly asking because I honestly want to know. I shot it some, It was pretty accurate. All my mags fit, Then it sat in the safe for 3 or 4 years. What problems should I be on the lookout for? I hear on here that they are not great, and to be honest I try to buy LMT now. I wouldn't buy another Bushmaster, just want to know what is bad.

C4IGrant
01-27-08, 16:36
I bought a new Bushmaster 20" A2 upper with a Gov profile barrel about 5 years ago. It was preban configured. Few months later picked up a Bushmaster lower. I added a CMT M16 BCG from G&R. So..And I am honestly asking because I honestly want to know. I shot it some, It was pretty accurate. All my mags fit, Then it sat in the safe for 3 or 4 years. What problems should I be on the lookout for? I hear on here that they are not great, and to be honest I try to buy LMT now. I wouldn't buy another Bushmaster, just want to know what is bad.

It sounds like you don't shoot very much so the BM AR is most likely just fine for your needs IMHO.

C4

ST911
01-27-08, 16:42
There's good news for you...

The comparatively gentler rifle length will mitigate some of the wear and tear issues you might experience. The BCG you bought is quality, further negating issues. The balance of the gun will likely serve well. Shoot until something breaks, then fix it.

Renegade
01-27-08, 16:45

No problems should be expected and there is nothing wrong with buying a Bushmaster.

Edm
01-27-08, 17:40
It's not that I don't shoot much....It's that I don't shoot the Bushmaster much. ;) I shoot my LMT, and midlength when I am shooting AR's. This was something I got to have an A2 like I had in the Military. I now would choose differently if I had it to do again, but I have it so wondered. I may start shooting it, who knows.

BushmasterFanBoy
01-27-08, 18:03
With a rifle length gun and the BCG you bought, I'd say keep shooting 'til something messes up (if it ever does) then get it fixed on an issue by issue basis. More than likely with a rifle that may never come.