PDA

View Full Version : Best caliber for hunting

Mrclif
08-08-12, 23:25
I know I'm opening a can of worms but here goes, looking for opinions on best caliber and why for whitetails and pigs.
Shots mostly under 100 yds but possibly up to 300 yds ,in the 15 platform.
Been hunting exclusively with an AA 6.5 Grendel now for five years with success , this year I've pieced together a DD 300 blk build and purchased an Ambush 6.8.
Believe it or not the Blackout build is the most fun to shoot and the lighter of the three. But it's still got prove its killing ability to me.

Col_Crocs
08-08-12, 23:28
This does not belong in the General AR Discussion.
See link:
http://m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Mrclif
08-08-12, 23:30
13154bacon maker 6.5 grendel

Mrclif
08-08-12, 23:31
Sorry didn't see hunting on tapa hard to read ill remove if I can

lunchbox
08-08-12, 23:56
I do love the "best" threads the best:D,and I really didn't hear the question exactly, It kinda sounded rhetorical. Which is the best period? which is the best of the ones you listed? which killed the "best"? Sounds like your capable with all three, but what you didn't mention is terrain,brush thickness,temp all have value in the "best" equation. The Best "best" way is your best most comfortable way. So instead of "best" give use range reports in differ enviroment and situations etc.(ex:load up two cals in realitive FAIR test to situation/purpose and purposefully shoot through brush/High wind/etc then give a comparison) I bet the'll change more than you think. Thats your home work will be due on Mon;) ..Oh ya "best" most killin cal prob is the 22lr...

JSantoro
08-09-12, 07:17
We have both an Ammunition AND a Hunting subforum. Start reading there, please.