PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Heard Of "Red 6 Tactical" ?

Jellybean
08-08-12, 23:56
Ran across these folk today- they are in Lynchburg VA.

http://www.red6-tactical.com/index.html

Anybody heard of them?

Instructors any good? Course material any good?
For some reason the name "Farnam" seems vaguely familiar.

SOWT
08-09-12, 11:46
Resumes did not seem that impressive (except for the Retired SF guy).

The former AF Security Forces guy listing a NDSM as an achievement is sad.

telecustom
08-09-12, 12:31
I think the main issue is their Bios are not very well written. I can understand people not being impressed with some of the accomplishments, but I can usually get something useful out of almost anyone I work with.

If the right person would give them a little assistance, the information on the website would be more useful and sell better.

CodeRed30
08-09-12, 17:14
Sell better or not, their "expertise" seems limited no matter how you spin it.

Littlelebowski
08-09-12, 17:40
Not impressed.

theblackknight
08-11-12, 13:08
Should'nt we be judging instructors who teach shooting by how well they can shoot, and how well they can instruct/project those shooting skills they have on to others effectivly?

Judging by the fact these guys run Steel and IDPA matches, I'm guessing they are prob more pistol oriented, which is a good thing if your a civilian.If your not, I'm sure there are better choices out there.

zacbol
08-11-12, 13:13
For some reason the name "Farnam" seems vaguely familiar.
Not surprising. John Farnam has his own company DTI and has been teaching for longer than many other instructors have been alive.

Shawn.L
08-11-12, 13:53
The main issue as I see it is that there are TONS of solid teachers, who are great shooters, with impressive resumes , and real world experience out there that you can train with at a reasonable market rate available without much travel and with great frequency.

In that market, what compelling reason does anyone have to go with an unknown or questionable instructor ?

The Virus
08-15-12, 13:01
Everybody and there brother is now a "Tactical" firearms instructor.
It's like karate dojos in the 80's. Now there are even franchises popping up!

SteyrAUG
08-15-12, 16:01
Everybody and there brother is now a "Tactical" firearms instructor.
It's like karate dojos in the 80's. Now there are even franchises popping up!

I'm just waiting for Jeet Kune Do Tactical.

CodeRed30
08-15-12, 20:24
I'm just waiting for Jeet Kune Do Tactical.

LOL...

Renegade
08-15-12, 20:51
I think the main issue is their Bios are not very well written.

Yeah, I do not think thy were proof-read either:

Mr. New spent nine years in the United States Air Force (USAF) with assignments including the War Readiness Operations at Headquarters Air Combat Command in Langley, Virginia.

CIA is in Langley, Virginia.

Air Combat Command is at Langley Air Force Base, Virginia.

SOWT
08-15-12, 21:58
Yeah, I do not think thy were proof-read either:

Mr. New spent nine years in the United States Air Force (USAF) with assignments including the War Readiness Operations at Headquarters Air Combat Command in Langley, Virginia.

CIA is in Langley, Virginia.

Air Combat Command is at Langley Air Force Base, Virginia.

War Readiness Operations means he did a Log Tour, was a War Planner, or ran SORTS Reports, all high speed as I have BTDT too.:suicide:

VooDoo6Actual
08-15-12, 23:22
War Readiness Operations means he did a Log Tour, was a War Planner, or ran SORTS Reports, all high speed as I have BTDT too.:suicide:

This.

My take as well. Spook speak w/o saying.

Hate it when that happens.