PDA

View Full Version : Smallest 9mm suppressor host?

kyrin88
08-09-12, 13:23
My form 1 for my osprey 9 went pending a few days ago and will be getting it by the end of December. I wanted to know what's the smallest and lightest 9mm suppressor host. Also, can you shoot .380 out of a 9mm suppressor?

aquajon
08-09-12, 15:33
If you form 1'ed an Osprey, SilencerCo will probably want to sue you for patent and trademark infringement.

kyrin88
08-09-12, 19:10
Hahaha:p my fault, I meant form 4. Any thoughts on the smallest host?

gunnut284
08-10-12, 22:02
I've seen pictures of suppressed Kahrs and I think a Walther PPS. The Glock 26 is probably as small as I'd go, at least with a full sized suppressor. If you had a mini suppressor, like a Nano or Possidon, maybe smaller would be worth it.

wahoo95
08-10-12, 22:49
The sub compact pistols typically struggle with reliability. I would go no smaller than a compact such as G19 sized pistols unless you step down to one of the micro sized cans.

Blame any misspellings on Tapatalk

99HMC4
08-11-12, 09:55
Kind of an odd question. Your asking to run large suppressor on a small host? Why? The osprey is for full size hand guns, if you wanted to run a compact suppressed you shoould have got a compact suppressor (Thompson machine/DTA). a compact .380 probably won't even cycle with a can that big hanging off the end. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

kyrin88
08-11-12, 16:44
Kind of an odd question. Your asking to run large suppressor on a small host? Why? The osprey is for full size hand guns, if you wanted to run a compact suppressed you shoould have got a compact suppressor (Thompson machine/DTA). a compact .380 probably won't even cycle with a can that big hanging off the end. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

My question was inspired by a video of a diamondback db9 suppressed. I wanted to know if I could have gotten that small of a host to accept the osprey; or any similar sized host. I already have a glock 19 host for it, but wanted to know if I could go smaller:D Question, would a smaller 9mm host with a compact suppressor be quieter than a compact 9mm host with full sized can?

99HMC4
08-11-12, 17:34
That was a Thompson machine suppressor that is expusive to diamond back arms. Yes a bigger suppressor will work better but it would be a very large impractical set up with (probably) cycling issues. Micro cans are small light unboosted and not greatly effective but do work. I guess I see what your getting at but it's just not a good idea and kinda pointless.....

kyrin88
08-11-12, 20:38
Hahah yea i figured as much. I already ditched the thought, thanks for the replies guys.