PDA

View Full Version : Bcg: Bcm vs Daniel Defense

Honorthecall81
08-09-12, 14:52
Yes this may turn out to be a brand war. But let's hear it. Who makes a higher quality bcg.. And try and give a logical reason behind your choice.

crusader377
08-09-12, 15:16
I don't think their is any difference in the performance of the two BCG. I would just buy the one which is less money.

Quentin
08-09-12, 16:17
I have both and like each equally well. My only preference is I put the DD in the DD upper and likewise the BCM. I did have a probem with the DD extractor spring first but we're talking a sample of one here.

Guns-up.50
08-09-12, 16:28
6 of one half dozen of the other. both are the shit cant go wrong.

This dead horse need to be laid to rest...........

opdsgt
08-09-12, 16:52
I own both and have staked my life on both. I would tend to think that reply speaks for itself...

Moose-Knuckle
08-09-12, 16:56
I have both and they both run like ass raped gorillas. ;)

bruin
08-09-12, 17:06
"Higher quality"? Without knowing all the materials, manufacturing, and QC details, we can't say for sure. Opinions and anecdotes don't count for much.

FWIW, BCM does provide more info than DD. For example, BCM bolts are Carpenter 158 steel and have chrome silicon extractor springs, but DD doesn't say what theirs are made of.

Blankwaffe
08-09-12, 18:28
"Higher quality"? Without knowing all the materials, manufacturing, and QC details, we can't say for sure. Opinions and anecdotes don't count for much.

FWIW, BCM does provide more info than DD. For example, BCM bolts are Carpenter 158 steel and have chrome silicon extractor springs, but DD doesn't say what theirs are made of.

http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=M16-BCG

DD BCG's also have large spool firing pins if that matters to anyone,is my preference anyway.

matemike
08-09-12, 18:37
I made my DD SBR into a 9" 300 AAC Blackout. The DD BCG had trouble ejecting some of the 300 blk cases. I put in an extractor spring o-ring, problem solved.

Tested my BCM BCG in the same 300 blackout gun, also without the o-ring for starters. The BCM BCG had no problem from the get go. No change needed; no change made.

That's all I got.

bruin
08-09-12, 19:02
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=M16-BCG

DD BCG's also have large spool firing pins if that matters to anyone,is my preference anyway.Good to know; too bad DD doesn't advertise this on their website.

seb5
08-09-12, 19:06
I have and use both without reservations. If both were available I will always pick BCM. Why? I have put many more rounds through my BCM's, nothing more.

Iraqgunz
08-09-12, 19:14
Been discussed numerous times along with other BCG threads. Not worth starting a new thead, simply use the search button.