PDA

View Full Version : Magazine jam over-insertion issue?

anto
08-09-12, 15:29
I've tried searching and apparently my google-fu is weak. I'm having some issues with magazines jamming when I'm loading with an open bolt. I'll either beer can or index the magazine in with a tap on the bottom to seat it, and the mag gets pushed up into the lower and won't let the bolt drop. I can visually see the magazine catch push out from the over-insertion. I'm running all PMAG's, most of them have less than 400 rounds through them. This problem is apparent in around 5/8 of them, if pushed in hard they will not let the bolt drop. This problem only happens with at least one round in the mag, empty mags are not exhibiting this issue. Magazine catch looks to be in good condition, no more than 1000 rounds on the rifle.

Any help?

HCM
08-09-12, 15:45
The Pmags have an over-insertion stop built into the front lip of the magazine just below the forward edge of the magazine well.

Are the mags recently purchased ?

There is a thread on another site regarding a LE Agency which experienced this same issue with numerous recently purchased PMAGS and multiple rifles.

Give Magpull tech support a call. If it's the mags, I am sure they will make it right.