PDA

View Full Version : Ten Years Ago Today

John Hearne
08-09-12, 17:05
On August 9, 2002, U.S. Park Ranger Kris Eggle was murdered while assisting the U.S. Border Patrol in their attempt to apprehend two hit men for a Mexican drug cartel who had fled into our country. Kris made the ultimate sacrifice, fulfilling his duty to protect and serve.

Kris was a friend and FLETC classmate. With the promise that this is not shallow hyperbole heaped upon the unworthy dead, Kris was one of the finest people I've ever met and known. (As a supreme asshole, I know my opposite)

Kris left behind a loving family who continues to mourn his loss. My heart aches at their suffering and I'm amazed at how they've refused to let his memory fade.

For my LE friends, I ask that you remain vigilant and stay prepared for sudden violence. While luck is a good thing, skill is better and is not fickle.

For everyone, I ask that you keep Kris and his family in your thoughts and prayers. Kris was a true American hero and his memory deserves love and respect. His family deserves our support and our awe for what they've worked to accomplish.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/16353-park-ranger-kristopher-william-eggle

Moose-Knuckle
08-09-12, 17:08
Thanks for sharing his story.

RIP brother.

Doc Safari
08-09-12, 17:17
I have read about this story before. It is an utter travesty that our government cares more about coddling illegals for votes (and business for cheap labor) than it does about the lives of its sworn officers and natural citizens.

I keep hearing rumors about deaths of ranchers and other citizens along the border. I won't repeat them since I don't have bona fide links to actual articles, but the rumors persist.

There's a world o' hurt comin' down.

Somebody better do something about the border before this breaks wide open.

VooDoo6Actual
08-09-12, 18:38
RIP Warrior.

Words fail @ moments like these as we now know more of the agenda 10 years later.

Thanks for reminding me.

Failure2Stop
08-09-12, 20:04
Thank you, to all of those that defend our walls and our streets. It it's all too often thankless and lost to those that benefit from it. Good men lay down their lives both here and abroad, and only through their sacrifice do we live our comfortable lives.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SeriousStudent
08-09-12, 20:18
Prayers sent for the fallen Park Ranger and his family.

davidjinks
08-09-12, 21:02
Memor Nostrum Cado Frater

I hope his family finds peace in their lives.

feedramp
08-09-12, 22:43
Thank you for remembering and honoring his life and service.

CarlosDJackal
08-10-12, 13:50
Rest in Peace.