PDA

View Full Version : locked upper and lower

yotesmoker
08-10-12, 04:49
Due to a problem I had with my colt hbar 7.62 complete upper not going into battery{Just bought it and put it on a colt lower}I caused myself another problem.Before putting the bolt unit back into the upper I removed the fireing pin and cotter pin.Now the upper and lower is completely locked together.Any ideas as to get them unlocked?I read a ar book AFTER I removed the pins and the book said not to do it or the upper and lower will lock up,my stupid mistake.What should I do now to fix this?

SpankMonkey
08-10-12, 13:51
You need to mortar the gun. Don't forget to close your stock first.

Or

Remove the upper and use a prying device to pull the carrier back.

TX Rancher
08-10-12, 14:21
Are you sure mortoring would be a good idea in this case? If the OP removed the firing pin is it possible the cam pin could be the cause of the lockup? If so, mortoring may not be good.

OP, is the carrier all the way forward? Is there any movement when you use the charging handle?

If possible please supply a few more details. Never had this happen to me so I'm sorry to say I don't have a ready solution.

yotesmoker
08-12-12, 09:01
The cam pin is the new problem.Called colt,said to send it to them for both fixes.

5pins
08-12-12, 09:46
The only ways I can think of would be to wiggle the carrier back and forth in the hope that the cam pin will rotate back around or pull the barrel off.

Mortaring is not a good idea in this case.