PDA

View Full Version : Free gun parts

iracecars4fun
08-10-12, 22:30
While it is not a bolt or lever action i don't know where else to put this.

So i was told i could have a free gun by a friend. Why of course ill take a free gun i said. it's a little rough he said. How rough could it be?

Well you know the old saying about gift horses and all that? Yea, look them in the mouth.

The gun a (Mossberg 702 Plinkster by the way) was rusted up pretty good but appeared to be salvageable. however when i began to disassemble the 22 the final pin that held the reciever to the trigger group was so stubborn that i actually bent 3 of my nice brass gunsmiths' punches trying to knock it out. (insert profanity) and thats not all the receiver also cracked right in half and both corners chipped off in the process.

SO: long story short i have

1. A synthetic stock for a Mossberg 702 that has some rust from the barrel and what not on it that will clean up just fine.
2. (2) stock screws/bolts that attaches the stock to the firearm which are perfect go figure.
3. a charging handle which is in functional condition, has rusting and some pitting on the end but seems that it would clean up very well
4. a bolt which is rusted and appears functional
5. a trigger group which is functional and rusting appears to be minimal, but definitely needs to be dissembled completely and sanded and repainted on the outside. also that POS of a pin is still lodged in the trigger group.

All of them need a new home. So if you are willing to ship me a box or some sort of shipping container or a bunch of stamps etc ill be happy to send you whatever.

i will not ship the receiver or barrel under any circumstances so dont ask.

so PM me and we can work out details if anyone wants this stuff