PDA

View Full Version : Dura-Coat M&P9

sangria7
08-11-12, 07:54
I decided to try that Dura-Coat stuff as it is so much cheaper than Cerakote. Also with that new shake-n-spray, it makes it easier than ever.

Only thing is that they should have give the pack a larger aerosol spray. Overall, I am satisfied with the results and I did two coats within one hour between coats!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9013/dscn0631y.jpg

dougwg
08-11-12, 10:37
Now go put it away in the safe, because if you actually use it, it'll look like crap in a month.

There's a reason NO major Manufacturer of Firearms uses these Spray on paints.

bsem
08-11-12, 15:16
Looks good, good job.

If it ever looks terrible just refinish it again or send it to someone (like Atei). I don't think it'll be too much of an issue for a while but I don't have any experience with the stuff.

Guns-up.50
08-11-12, 15:32
Now go put it away in the safe, because if you actually use it, it'll look like crap in a month.

I actually like when painted guns get all beat up.. they look used and nasty that's one of the best things about rattle caned guns.. They aren't supposed to be cute and pretty..

sangria7
08-11-12, 16:06
I am not too worried about how it looks after thousands of rounds. Its an easy refinish job (as said).

Hell, we beat the crap out of the standard blued finishes on our M4s in the Army.

I wanted to try the Dura Coat and it worked well - also from previous users they reported out that it lasts pretty good even after tons of abuse.

MH64
08-11-12, 23:06
I am not too worried about how it looks after thousands of rounds. Its an easy refinish job (as said).

Hell, we beat the crap out of the standard blued finishes on our M4s in the Army.

I wanted to try the Dura Coat and it worked well - also from previous users they reported out that it lasts pretty good even after tons of abuse.

Blued finishes on our M4s in the Army ???

sangria7
08-12-12, 07:39
Blued finishes on our M4s in the Army ???

Oops I meant parkarized...:secret: Yeah, our 19D unit does some non regulation stuff. We play around with blueing, krylon, etc. Can you blame our armorer, he was bored sometimes...lol

jaxman7
08-12-12, 10:51
I decided to try that Dura-Coat stuff as it is so much cheaper than Cerakote. Also with that new shake-n-spray, it makes it easier than ever.

Only thing is that they should have give the pack a larger aerosol spray. Overall, I am satisfied with the results and I did two coats within one hour between coats!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/9013/dscn0631y.jpg

I'd be interested to see what that thing looks like after a couple of hundred draws out of a kydex holster.

-Jax

plouffedaddy
08-12-12, 21:52

Do you consider cerakote a spray on paint?

VIP3R 237
08-12-12, 22:02
Do you consider cerakote a spray on paint?

I am also interested in what Doug thinks.

I am a big fan of cerakote and have applied it to a couple firearms and it has help up admirably well. Also there is some manufactures who are using cerakote as a factory finish. IMO duracoat doesn't compete at all in quality.