PDA

View Full Version : G17 or G19 best for a T1 build?

Orange-Fox
08-11-12, 14:17
Which one Handles/Functions best with a T1 for cyclic rate, shot recovery, recoil etc?

Alaskapopo
08-11-12, 15:57
Which one Handles/Functions best with a T1 for cyclic rate, shot recovery, recoil etc?

Have you fired a pistol with a T1 on it. You might want to before you try spending the money to do this. This sight is great on carbines but not so good on pistols. I tried it for a bit on a 22 to test the concept. The window is small and its much more difficult to get a sight picture on the draw vs a larger window optic like a C more or Delta point.
For what you want I would go with a Delta Point.
Pat

Guns-up.50
08-11-12, 16:10
yeah I agree there is no sense in putting a t1 on pistols when rmr's and delta's are available

Keydet08
08-11-12, 16:11
I have one on my Gen 4 G17. It's on the aimpoint dovetail mount and it runs just fine. The aimpoint is obviously larger and the dot can be hard to find if you don't have a good index but I think the positives outweigh the negatives when you begin to consider robustness, allowable operating temperatures, and the fact that it's fully contained (no open air between the projector and the glass).

Guns-up.50
08-11-12, 16:48
What is the difference in operating temps ect?
As far as index points go they will vary from irons to dots, my index for an rmr is different from an index on irons.
Most good shooters would learn to index on a t1 as well I still think the smaller window would be more challenging to find on the draw along with follow up..

Disclaimer: This is just my opinion I do not run a T1 on a pistol.

Keydet08
08-11-12, 17:22
The T1 us rated for -50 to 160 deg or thereabouts. Could not find an advertised temp rating for the deltapoint. I have heard that they have issues in cold environments, i.e. put it in your freezer for a while and the dot goes away until it warms back up.

Orange-Fox
08-11-12, 18:04
All I want to know about is "Which Model is Best Suited For A T1" Nothing else.

If anyone has experience of shooting both the 17 and the 19 with a T1, either with the dovetail or with a milled mount, please chime in on how they where different.

Failure2Stop
08-11-12, 18:12
Having shot them on 17s and 34s, I would probably go with it on a 19 due to the faster/snapper slide reciprocation. The 17 with normal training ammo is a little sluggish (though not a deal breaker), thus my opinion that it would be better on a 19. This would also be remedied by more robust ammo in the 17 though, so your options are pretty open.

Typos brought to you via Tapatalk and autocorrect.

JSGlock34
08-11-12, 18:19
Having shot them on 17s and 34s, I would probably go with it on a 19 due to the faster/snapper slide reciprocation. The 17 with normal training ammo is a little sluggish (though not a deal breaker), thus my opinion that it would be better on a 19. This would also be remedied by more robust ammo in the 17 though, so your options are pretty open.

F2S - not to deviate too much from the topic of the thread, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on RDS equipped pistols.

Failure2Stop
08-11-12, 19:28
F2S - not to deviate too much from the topic of the thread, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on RDS equipped pistols.

I haven't used them enough to speak with any kind of authority.
I see an advantage for those that have vision issues with front sight focus, those that like to shoot at long range frequently, and for use with large diameter suppressors.

I am thinking about putting together a long range suppressed pistol with a micro Aimpoint, pretty much just for giggles.