PDA

View Full Version : Break-in and sight-in of new AR w/ BCM upper

feedramp
08-11-12, 17:47
Thanks to Grant at G&R for guidance along the way with the build, and for building a solid and functional carbine.

Specs:
Upper: BCM middy w/ heavy barrel (BFH), F-marked FSP, MOE handguard, BCM M16 BCG, MBUS2 rear BUIS
Lower: Noveske GenII w/ Geissele G2S trigger group, G&R LPK, MOE+ grip, H buffer, B5 SOPMOD stock

[target images removed]

Notes:
The trigger is wonderful. Short, clean, crisp break. The G2S was so 'right' that I actually forgot to mention it when I first wrote up this post.

Froglube seems to work well. Clean-up wasn't too bad afterward, although I will lube it more liberally next time in hopes of further reducing the carbon buildup on the internal components.

I checked some of the spent brass and it looked to be in good shape. Solid primer strikes, no weird bends, scrapes, or mangling of the casings that I could see. From what I could tell they all extracted between 3 and 5 o'clock. I scavenged a few casings and can take photos of them if anyone is interested.

The BCM upper locks up like a vault with the Noveske GenII lower. Super solid. Love it.

The new style of BCM Gunfighter charging handle definitely does a great job of keeping the blowback off your eyewear.

Zero issues firing, cycling, chambering, or ejecting.

C4IGrant
08-11-12, 17:51
Enjoy your new gun and thank you for your business!

C4

midSCarolina
08-11-12, 18:31
Sounds like a good rifle. KAC, BCM, and LMT are what I prefer because they work and I an convinced of that. Now we need pics :mad: