PDA

View Full Version : Price for selling a 20" Bushmaster 16A2 clone...

Plumber237
08-12-12, 19:33
My future father-in-law, who is definately a Fudd when it comes to guns, recently asked if I would help him sell his used 20" Bushy 16A2 clone that some guy gave him to pay off a debt. I still have to shoot it to make sure it even functions, clearly the previous owner had no idea how to disassemble it as the BCG was filthy and a bitch to get apart the first time when I cleaned it for him. It's got some goofy-ass scope mount for the fixed carry handle that blocks the iron sight in the handle, tactical as shit I know :blink: It has some cheap quad rail set up covered with UTG rails panels, a UTG ergo foregrip, and some garbage green laser mounted at 3 o'clock about 1" off the barrel for some reason. The optic looks like a barska, but the print is worn off so I can't tell what brand, it is a regular X crosshair and is probably about a 4x magnification. He wants to know what he should ask for it, and I don't really have the heart to tell him what a pile of shit it is and that anybody that knows anything about AR15's would probably only want the lower, if that. I told him that he could maybe get $600-700 for it, there's a chance he could get that from someone who would want it for a coyote rifle or a range rifle, ditching all the "furniture" on it. I told him that he most likely won't get shit for a trade in anywhere either, as seems to be the normal here in MN. Any thoughts on a price?

Evil Colt 6920
08-12-12, 19:44
Its hard to put a price on a used gun because of all the unknowns. Any idea on the round count? Got any pics? The fact that it was not maintained well would keep me away from it unless it was too cheap to pass up. I would only buy it for parts like the receivers if they were in decent shape. $400-$600 is my guess with all the unknowns.

Butter
08-12-12, 19:48
Throw out some pics, they will help.

Plumber237
08-12-12, 20:12
I'll see if I can get some pics this week, I did ask him if he had any idea of the round count, which he didn't. The lower was in good shape, which led me to believe that it was a plinking rifle only, since I would expect a coyote hunter to put a better scope on it, and not add the shitty foregrip/laser.

Soxfan9
08-13-12, 14:43
Is it possible it is preban? If so it would be worth more to someone in MA or NY or others, maybe in the 800+ range.

Plumber237
08-13-12, 23:59
I don't believe it's pre-ban, but maybe you guys can tell me.

Plumber237
08-14-12, 00:02
UTG: grip, foregrip, rails, rail covers.
NCStar 4x30 scope
BSA green laser

vicious_cb
08-14-12, 00:17
Better off telling him its a POS and hes better off keeping it as a plinker or something. Only an idiot would pay $700 for it. I suggest you try to sell it on TOS. ;)

chadil1ac
08-14-12, 00:20
The scope looks to be NC Star. Not any better than Barska though.

ETA: Looks like you knew that already...

wetidlerjr
08-14-12, 11:28
Keep the lower and sell the upper and other stuff on TOS. Put a BCM upper on the BM lower. GTG!

I had two BMs. One now has a BCM upper with an SSA in the lower. I sold the BM upper. The other (rifle,18") is still all BM but w/LMT BCG, SSA and a properly staked LMT SOPMOD stock.
YMMV
:D

Plumber237
08-14-12, 12:31
Thanks for the input guys. I'll tell him that unless he knows somebody around here that's interested in it, he might as well keep it...ditching the ncstar and laser, it should be a decent pinker w/ .223 ammo.

duece71
08-14-12, 19:16
Hang on, its not useless. Range use only it would be GTG. At least use it as a plinker. OR......Sell the upper (and acoutrements) and replace with DD BCM Colt. Replace the LPK as needed.