PDA

View Full Version : LEO trigger question

WARRIOR84
08-12-12, 21:06
I am in the process of piecing together my lower and it will be for duty use. My department doesn't have a policy regarding any aftermarket triggers or trigger jobs. I am looking at the geissele sd-c trigger for my build. Does anyone think this would be a problem if I had to use it? The way I see it is the sd-c is a factory trigger it's not modified by any one person. Thoughts?

seb5
08-12-12, 21:14
I think any of the mil spec would be your best bet. If you want a different trigger I would suggest an SSA as they are pretty common as factory triggers and are generally accepted as a combat trigger. That's what I use for my patrol rifle.

WARRIOR84
08-12-12, 21:16
I think the sd-c is mil-spec they advertise them as being for Leo/military.

LeroyRT
08-12-12, 21:32
Only difference in the SD-C and the SSA is the shape of the trigger. That and the SSA is NSWC Certified. Pull weight is the same, break is the same.

Both are excellent. Neither are "mil-spec."

BufordTJustice
08-12-12, 23:12
I own the SD-C and LOVE it. It is actually better than 'mil spec' in every way other than cost. Superior materials. Superior machining and heat-treat. Superior QC. Superior consistency.

However, I'm in the same boat and I got an ENORMOUS amount of shit from my agency when I went to employ that trigger simply because it looked different. If I were you, I would go SSA just because it will allow to you skip the constant, "What the **** kind of trigger is that in you PATROL carbine, Deputy?!?!" from supervisors who as ignorant about quality AR's as the day is long.

The SSA lets you fly under the radar. I've even contemplated getting one for that purpose....even though the SD-C feels better to me. It's been that much of a hassle.....and still is.

God forbid I get a stand-in chump on the range staff during my quarterly re-qual. I had one who dragged me into the ****ing armory because he wanted to have a look. :rolleyes:

trackmagic
08-13-12, 01:19
He is supposed to be the "expert", but he has never heard of a giessele trigger? I could see that being frustrating

BufordTJustice
08-13-12, 02:06
He is supposed to be the "expert", but he has never heard of a giessele trigger? I could see that being frustrating

He had never heard of BCM rifles, Geissele triggers, he had a vague recognition of LMT......and he grilled me for not buying a "name brand, like Bushmaster or DPMS?"

I just nodded and stayed silent. He had two stripes....I don't. It's that simple. ;)

trackmagic
08-13-12, 02:13
He had never heard of BCM rifles, Geissele triggers, he had a vague recognition of LMT......and he grilled me for not buying a "name brand, like Bushmaster or DPMS?"

I just nodded and stayed silent. He had two stripes....I don't. It's that simple. ;)
What's this? A .40 smith and whatson? Get yourself a 38 special son.

BufordTJustice
08-13-12, 02:14
What's this? A .40 smith and whatson? Get yourself a 38 special son.

You know him too!?!?!

I didn't think he was capable of navigating to Oregon. :D

I'm gonna shut the **** up now.....before I get fired.

Scimitar2
08-13-12, 02:55
Currently running a SD-C on my patrol rifle with no issues from anyone. Very agency dependant I would imagine. Great trigger.

midSCarolina
08-13-12, 10:20
My friend runs an SD-C on his patrol rifle. It works well. He has fortunately not had to use it yet, but since it is a factory trigger with no modification, his department is fine with it.

devinsdad
08-13-12, 11:39
Usa a standard no-frills Mil-Spec factory trigger and learn and train around it's shortcomings. If you don't have a trigger policy, is only cause the lawyers haven't found out...yet.

bravofour
08-13-12, 13:47
How about an ALG ACT? Not quite a Geissele but still a nice trigger. My department also does not have a trigger policy but I don't want to attract attention. I'd say ACT or SSA and just don't talk about it to avoid any issues.

tony413
08-13-12, 13:52
just run a decent mil-spec trigger like DD, LMT, Colt, ALG(aftermarket), etc....

markm
08-13-12, 13:54
Standard or SSA. Like Yoda.... DO or DO NOT.

The ALGs are just not that nice. They're no better than standard, and mine actually has MORE creep than some of my standard triggers.

Slvr Surfr
08-14-12, 04:04
Geissele for sure! I have a S2S in my duty gun and have had great luck with it. Geissele's CS is top notch. I don't know if anyone sells the S2S anymore, you may have luck on the EE. It is a great quality trigger for cheaper.