PDA

View Full Version : i bought my first ar 15 today!!

kstr0h
08-13-12, 12:23
hey guys! i bought my first ar 15 today! i am so excited that i had to post it! out of the door, i paid $1140 for a brand new 556/223 bushmaster! The guy at the store said it was a very high end rifle. He also said it had a very good chrome barrel. I will post pictures soon!

I have a few questions, how should i break in the barrel? i would hate to ruin a barrel as good as this one. Also, what kind of ammo do you suggest shooting through it?

davidjinks
08-13-12, 12:28
Yay Facebook!!!

Use the orange search button, top right, to answer your questions.

hotrodder636
08-13-12, 12:31
:confused:

bullittmcqueen
08-13-12, 12:35
https://www.m4carbine.net/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_new_faq_item

Enjoy your rifle, but posts like this are generally frowned upon here.

Wake27
08-13-12, 12:35
hey guys! i bought my first ar 15 today! i am so excited that i had to post it! out of the door, i paid $1140 for a brand new 556/223 bushmaster! The guy at the store said it was a very high end rifle. He also said it had a very good chrome barrel. I will post pictures soon!

I have a few questions, how should i break in the barrel? i would hate to ruin a barrel as good as this one. Also, what kind of ammo do you suggest shooting through it?

A lot of members here are probably going to tell you to return it and read through these forums. You could've gotten a lot better for your money. Sorry.

KingCobra
08-13-12, 12:37
In fact, I've seen dd rifles slightly cheaper..

Split66
08-13-12, 12:39
Hello Kstroh welcome to M4carbine.net. The moderators will be along to lock this thread, but dont fret, they are just looking to keep a serious discussion going on the AR15 platform vs everyone showing off their new toy.

Please make use of the search button on the top, it will be your friend in guiding you along your journey into the world of AR15s. EVERYTHING you've ever wanted to know has basically been covered here ( sometimes multiple times.)

Be aware that Bushmaster firearms are not regarded highly by professionals and many members here. You may catch some flak regarding that, but again dont worry, enjoy yourself. Read up on the subject and most importantly shoot your new gun. Shoot it alot, learn how to use it and have fun.

The break in period for your weapon is you shooting the living crap out of it. Dont worry about upgrades or anything right now, just shoot it.

Again welcome and enjoy M4C, it is the most useful tool on the internet regarding the weapons platform.

Split66
08-13-12, 12:42
Lets show some restraint fellas :) he's going to learn the ropes here LOL.....

Iraqgunz or Col Clink will be along soon.

JSantoro
08-13-12, 12:47
Not to take away from any potential enjoyment of the thing, but "lookee what I bought...!" isn't a technically worthwhile topic, in and of itself.

Even if a chrome-lined barrel needed a break-in (they positively do not...), that's a boilerplate question that's answered by reading the stickied threads or conducting a Search of existing threads. For example, if you were to conduct a Search using "barrel break-in" or similar, the hits you'd get are specific to unlined/stainless barrels, and they would come more from the precision-gun side of things.

Hit the Knowledge Base Threads sticky, so you can narrow the field of any questions you may have. There's stuff in them pertinent to your gun, to ammo, plus all sorts of baseline info, busted myths, etc.

From here in AR GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7355

From AR Technical: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=7009

To paraphrase/steal -- "Arm yourself with knowledge...." If specific questions arise, strongly consider searching for related, existing topics and bumping them with questions or requests for clarification. The info is there, and if the Search function quirks prove difficult, consider pinging another member or a mod to help you figure out how to bull through them.

EDIT: Good grief, now I have a herald...?! :p