PDA

View Full Version : Trigger reset issues

t00sl0w
08-13-12, 20:41
Finished my bcm recce build and i used a stag lpk due to it being what i had access to at the time. During my initial testing of the rifle the trigger wouldnt reset after each shot unless i cycled the safety. This stopped after maybe 30 or so rounds....should i attribute this to a burr or something causing it to stick? I put around 150 through it while testing and after that initial 30rnds it worked fine.
So, until i get a new trigger assembly what should i check or look for? Nothing stuck out to me when i dug around so i am thinking it waa simply the stag kit "breaking in."

If curious about the ammo it was a mix of m855 and umc.

sent from my overcompensation tool known as the galaxy note

MistWolf
08-13-12, 22:19
Your springs are installed incorrectly. The trigger spring should rest on the shelf of the lower and the hammer springs should rest on top of the trigger pins. Or you may have forgotten to install the sear spring. This thread should help-
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=72111&page=2

AlphaKoncepts
08-13-12, 23:03
I know from experience that it's ez to install the hammer spring backwards if you don't watch what you are doing. While this is the most likley cause, I have never had one fix its self after 30 rounds. Can you post a pic of your spring setup. This is how it should look:
http://i1265.photobucket.com/albums/jj505/ChicagoGunSmith/e27c031a.jpg

Pic isn't the best but you can see the springs.

MistWolf
08-14-12, 05:39
Oops! Missed the part where it went away after 30 rounds

t00sl0w
08-14-12, 07:21
Nah my springs are in correctly as that was my first assumption as well and the first thing i checked at the range.

Tweak
08-14-12, 12:15
sometimes there is a rough spot under the disconnector hook or middle hammer hook, the rifle will fire then the trigger won't go forward and the hammer won't drop onto the sear face of the trigger. Rotating the safety pushes the rear of the trigger down and un binds the disco and middle hook.

t00sl0w
08-14-12, 19:39
sometimes there is a rough spot under the disconnector hook or middle hammer hook, the rifle will fire then the trigger won't go forward and the hammer won't drop onto the sear face of the trigger. Rotating the safety pushes the rear of the trigger down and un binds the disco and middle hook.

Ok, ill check those two areas and see what they look like.

az doug
08-14-12, 20:13

Tweak nailed it. It sounds as if the "burr" on the offending part(s) "wore in/off" after 30 rounds, so you may not see much now.

If there is a slight burr on either part stone it off, or remove it with a jeweler's file.

ETA: With the upper half removed, you can hold the trigger to the rear, cock the hammer so the disconnector engages the "middle hammer hook." Release the trigger while applying a slight forward pressure on the hammer. (do not let the hammer strike the lower receiver) If the trigger does not reset push the trigger forward with you trigger finger, or engage the safety as you did before. This will help "mate" the two surfaces.

t00sl0w
08-14-12, 20:20
Alright, i checked and everything is looking ok to my eyes on those two parts, if it starts back up i'll try filing that area.

Tweak
08-14-12, 21:41
probably no need, if the surfaces shoot in then they're fine, if not then the trigger doesn't start working. ;)