PDA

View Full Version : Fort Huachuca, AZ hunting

19_A_CPT
08-14-12, 11:40
Anybody on here from the AZ/Fort Huachuca area and have any experience/tips/hints on where/how to hunt Huachuca deer with a muzzleloader? I got drawn this year for Both Whitetail and Mulies and definately have no idea how or where to hunt this area? Its definately going to be different than hunting back home or at Benning.

RyanB
08-14-12, 16:40
If you can swing it call Duane Adams guide service and hire a guide. He runs a good outfit. If you look at a picture of Craig Boddington with an Arizona Mulie or Coues dear it was probably Duane who took the picture.

uwe1
08-17-12, 22:15
Anybody on here from the AZ/Fort Huachuca area and have any experience/tips/hints on where/how to hunt Huachuca deer with a muzzleloader? I got drawn this year for Both Whitetail and Mulies and definately have no idea how or where to hunt this area? Its definately going to be different than hunting back home or at Benning.

I don't hunt much, but both times I got drawn for deer (high powered rifle tags) was at the area containing Ft. Huachuca. We ended up camping at the Parker Canyon Lake campsite. Both times we saw deer, within shooting range was at the area west of the lake. Our group got two deer the second season we were drawn there.

It's some very rocky, hilly terrain and a pain to get through. You need to go scout it. Make sure your spare tires are in good working order. One year the main truck we took into the trails got 2 flat tires. Talk about crappy luck...

I've heard that Lyle Canyon is a good spot, but I haven't tried there yet.