PDA

View Full Version : Which sling accessories?

TylerD
08-14-12, 17:59
I am looking at getting a Viking Tactics Wide upgraded sling. What other attachment acessories do I need to get to use this sling on a Daniel Defense M4V5. I know that the M4V5 has places for QD stuff, but this is my first sling and I don't exactly know what to get. :confused: Thanks ahead of time

bruin
08-14-12, 18:42
All you need is one QD swivel - that will plug into the socket on your handguard. Is your stock MOE? Then you simply thread the sling strap through the slot on your stock.

TylerD
08-14-12, 18:59
All you need is one QD swivel - that will plug into the socket on your handguard. Is your stock MOE? Then you simply thread the sling strap through the slot on your stock.

Yes the stock is the standard MOE that came on the rifle. It also has a QD place under the stock. Is it better to just run the sling through the stock or use both QD places?

Wake27
08-14-12, 19:10
That's mostly personal preference but all you will need is 2 QD swivels at most (pretty sure the rifle has a integrated QD socket in the rail). Get two, and you can play around with the different configurations and determine whether you want 1, 2, or 0 QD swivels.

TylerD
08-14-12, 19:19
Thanks I will just grab 2 QD Swivels. Are these prone to coming loose from the rifle?

Wake27
08-14-12, 19:53
Not any that I've had, but probably depends on where you get them like most things.

TylerD
08-14-12, 20:42
Sounds good. Do you use a specific type of QD swivel? I was just thinking about ordering the ones from Viking tactics when I get the sling. That should suffice right?

Wake27
08-14-12, 22:07
Yup, definitely.

TylerD
08-14-12, 22:16
Thanks for the help. Just ordered it so I will let you know hot it works.

Wake27
08-14-12, 23:03
Thanks for the help. Just ordered it so I will let you know hot it works.

No problem. Its all quality stuff, I actually used to run the same setup.