PDA

View Full Version : AAC,SilencerCO,YHM Suppressors

Triton225
08-14-12, 18:05
Looking to get a suppressor for my .22lr (pistol&rifle) and am down to the following models and wanted any input from guys that have had any or have good knowledge of them(pros/cons, effective, hard to clean,etc).
1.AAC Element2
2.Silencer Co s/s Sparrow
3.YHM Mite s/s

JasonM
08-14-12, 18:44
Looking to get a suppressor for my .22lr (pistol&rifle) and am down to the following models and wanted any input from guys that have had any or have good knowledge of them(pros/cons, effective, hard to clean,etc).
1.AAC Element2
2.Silencer Co s/s Sparrow
3.YHM Mite s/s

.22's are easy to suppress and there are lots of good .22 cans.

Remove the YHM Mite from your list- it is a terrible design and the hardest of all serviceable cans to actually service.

Element 2 is great- quietest from start to finish (minimal to no first round pop)

22 Sparrow is great- by far the easiest .22 can to service

Also consider the AAC prodigy (for weight), the latest .22s from Gemtech, the SWR Spectre 2 and Warlock 2, The Liberty Kodiak even.

Find which of those your dealer has in stock, and what you can get the best deal on and go to town. You can't go wrong with any of them.

Triton225
08-14-12, 20:05
Thanks Jason, I had heard from some local guys about the YHM so thats where they came in.
I had a list that included the Prodigy (nixed it though cause of the alum.), and also the SWR Spector and Gemtech outbackII(again alum).
Straying away from the alum. figuring it to be harder to maintain.
I'll look into the warlock and kodiak also.

zimm17
08-16-12, 05:56
I went with the sparrow .22. After my local shop showed me how it comes apart for cleaning and how the shells enclose the mono core, keeping any lead and junk from touching the outer casing, I was sold. Even the sales guy said he personally owns a sparrow even though he sells many others. No worries about shooting too much and not being able to take it apart. The stainless core can be chemically dipped or sand blasted with no worries.

JasonM
08-16-12, 15:54
Thanks Jason, I had heard from some local guys about the YHM so thats where they came in.
I had a list that included the Prodigy (nixed it though cause of the alum.), and also the SWR Spector and Gemtech outbackII(again alum).
Straying away from the alum. figuring it to be harder to maintain.
I'll look into the warlock and kodiak also.

If you want stainless (don't sweat an aluminum or Ti tube),

In no particular order:

Element2, 22 Sparrow, and the Spectre2 (The Spectre2 is all-stainless, and is awesome), Kodiak or Kodiak TL, and if you want, the Gemtech Outback2 can be ordered with stainless guts.

My pick out of all those if i were buying today would be the Spectre2, followed by a second place tie with Element2 and Sparrow.