PDA

View Full Version : Glock Gen 4 FDE

marh415
08-14-12, 18:25
When were the FDE Glocks re-introduced? Have they been hard to find? :confused:

I just seen Grant's post saying he HAD them in stock.

plouffedaddy
08-14-12, 19:23
The next batch will hit distributors next week.

ghostrider1
08-14-12, 20:15
Really, next week???????:shout:
I want one but, I'm really not trying pay an extra $100-150 for a different color frame. What's Grants price on them?

C4IGrant
08-14-12, 21:31
Really, next week???????:shout:
I want one but, I'm really not trying pay an extra $100-150 for a different color frame. What's Grants price on them?

Prices are on our website under Glock. ;)

C4

ghostrider1
08-15-12, 07:47
I saw them. Now, I have to find a ffl near that will do the transfer. The ffl's in md are jackasses when it come to handgun transfers. I'll cross my fingers. :help:

plouffedaddy
08-15-12, 10:43
It looks like the G19s are already out.

I'm not sure where you live in MD but I used to live in Catonsville and Action Target (near Ft. Meade) would do transfers for me. It's been a few years so I'm not sure if they still do but it's worth a call.

ghostrider1
08-15-12, 12:54
Grant when are yoy guys getting fde gen4 19's in?? I want one. Plouffedaddy, I found an ffl in waldorf that will do the transfer for $40. AS SOON AS GRANTS THEM IN, I am placing an order.

Daekwan
08-15-12, 13:58
Same here. Extremely interested in a Gen4 FDE from Grant.

Subscribed!

marh415
08-15-12, 14:17
Damn they're nice looking, if I didn't already have a deposit on an 34 which seems to be impossible to find through GSSF, I would definetly be considering an FDE 19 from Grant. :angry:

C4IGrant
08-16-12, 07:36
Grant when are yoy guys getting fde gen4 19's in?? I want one. Plouffedaddy, I found an ffl in waldorf that will do the transfer for $40. AS SOON AS GRANTS THEM IN, I am placing an order.

Just got notification that some are coming in. Will be turning them on the website shortly.

C4

M4arc
08-16-12, 08:39
You guys can't go wrong here. I got mine from Grant and he had the best price and so far (although its still early) mine has been great. I'm going to get some more rounds through it this weekend but I'm extremely happy with it.

I'm thinking of picking up an FTE Gen4 G23 next!

The_Hunter
08-16-12, 09:01
I am waiting on a 17 would be happy with a 3rd or 4th gen

RIDE
08-16-12, 20:31
Just got notification that some are coming in. Will be turning them on the website shortly.

C4

Hi Grant!
Any g26's going to be in the FDE line-up this go around?

TheLefty
08-16-12, 22:48
Hi Grant!
Any g26's going to be in the FDE line-up this go around?

I'm not Grant, obviously, but I contacted Lipsey's directly a few months ago and was told that they will not be making a FDE 26.

Magic_Salad0892
08-16-12, 23:14
You guys can't go wrong here. I got mine from Grant and he had the best price and so far (although its still early) mine has been great. I'm going to get some more rounds through it this weekend but I'm extremely happy with it.

I'm thinking of picking up an FTE Gen4 G23 next!

Why do you want a gun that will fail to eject? :(

M4arc
08-17-12, 06:22

I haven't had an issue yet.

JHC
08-17-12, 12:11

8 Gen4's here among our three shooters do so very nicely. But they've only ejected about 30K rounds collectively since 2010. ;)

Worth noting that our good luck hit a snag. One of the FDE Gen 4 G19s hit a snag around the 800 round mark exhibiting FTE's described as "sporadic" during a shooting session this weekend. I was not on hand for it and don't have other details.

avengd7x
08-17-12, 12:43
8 Gen4's here among our three shooters do so very nicely. But they've only ejected about 30K rounds collectively since 2010. ;)

he was kidding. reread what m4arc said

Magic_Salad0892
08-17-12, 18:16

I haven't had an issue yet.

I know. My Gen4s work fine. I was making fun of one of his typos, that just happened to be a problem with Gen4s in the past. Lol.

Reread his first post in this thread. :p

M4arc
08-17-12, 22:44
OH $&%! I didn't even realize that!

Man I'm a bone head sometimes :p

:lol:

JHC
08-18-12, 12:59
he was kidding. reread what m4arc said

ROFL!!! Nice! Prime good hit. Got me. :D

JHC
08-18-12, 13:01
I know. My Gen4s work fine. I was making fun of one of his typos, that just happened to be a problem with Gen4s in the past. Lol.

Reread his first post in this thread. :p

Sharper eyes (or brain) than me! :D

I was like "WTF is up with Magic Salad, I thought he had some success" in my head. Shoulda known something was up. ;)

Magic_Salad0892
08-18-12, 16:42
Haha. I seem to have stolen the thread, now haven't I?

Is it true that the FDE polymer is weaker than the black polymer?

I know that Magpul said that was true about PMAGs, but is it true about Glocks?

JHC
08-19-12, 10:54

You know it very well may be. I've always considered that possible but moot. Colors might make them more flexible so less prone to snappage in ATV crashes. ;)

ghostrider1
08-20-12, 15:20
FDE glocks are in stock with Grant. I ordered mine today. Get the'em while they're hot!!

Sensei
08-20-12, 17:52
Waiting for my Gen4 22 from Grant. Very cool of him to chip in a Grip Force Adaptor with the order. I had been holding out on trying one for a while since it would cost a fortune to outfit all of my pistols if I really like it :D

saddlerocker
08-21-12, 11:05
I ordered a Gen 4 G17.

Im PRAYING it doesnt have any issues.

I have a suppressed SBR build going on and this pistol wasnt in my budget, so I really hope it works out.

Im anxious to try the Gripforce Adapter as well.

ghostrider1
08-21-12, 11:26
I do to. If it does have issues, I'm still gonna shoot the shit out of it!!
:happy:

orionz06
08-21-12, 11:40

Lighter colored plastics can be but given how the loads are applied to the frame on a Glock I couldn't care less. The loads and conditions applied to a magazine are different which is why we see the behavior of lighter colors. HK, Glock, and others make lighter colored frames. Zero concerns.

El Cid
08-21-12, 12:07
Lighter colored plastics can be but given how the loads are applied to the frame on a Glock I couldn't care less. The loads and conditions applied to a magazine are different which is why we see the behavior of lighter colors. HK, Glock, and others make lighter colored frames. Zero concerns.

Not to mention that I'd bet a months pay a certain SMU would not have chosen FDE Glocks if there was any cause for concern.

orionz06
08-21-12, 12:09
Not like they haven't seen a few rounds either...

Palmguy
08-21-12, 13:24
OD frame Glocks have been around for several years now as well; it's not like these are the first non-black Glocks.

Trajan
08-21-12, 13:54
Just picked my Gen 4 FDE G19 from Grant's today. Color is really nice in person, closest picture I have seen to its actual shade is M4arc's. It's a few shades darker than LMT/KACs FDE SOPMOD stocks.

But more importantly, I'm glad to finally have a 19. :cool:

saddlerocker
08-23-12, 21:19
I picked up my FDE Gen4 G17 from my dealer today (Thanks Grant)
Going to the range tomorrow to see if I get brass chucked in my face.

Test fire date is 8-08-2012
30274 Ejector
THF Prefix

Although I love the controls, ergos, looks of my FS M&P9, this Glock has a better trigger and most likely better accuracy, 2 very important things.
Assuming reliability is good this may be my new go to sidearm.

jmp45
08-24-12, 11:02
I just picked up a FDE Gen3 G19 at Grants today.. I'm betting these will go fast.

Edit: Back from the range. I really like this G19. It was ejecting about 4 to 5 o'clock and a couple at 6 in the face. I have a strong feeling wifey is going to lay claims to this one, she really likes it.

SCatalyst
08-24-12, 17:20
Just got a FDE G21 today. This is my first Glock.

http://i1157.photobucket.com/albums/p588/SCatalyst/Glock%2021/e4583751.jpg

Is the slide release suppose to be that serious? It sits so close to the slide that I can't get it to release. I have to use thumb over thumb and pressure to release the slide.

As I said this is my first Glock, is this something that needs to be broken in or is this a problem?

And no, I don't have Harry Potter hands.

Heavy Metal
08-24-12, 17:25

Is the slide release suppose to be that serious? It sits so close to the slide that I can't get it to release. I have to use thumb over thumb and pressure to release the slide.

As I said this is my first Glock, is this something that needs to be broken in or is this a problem?

It will smooth up. Put some oil on it where it contacts the slide to help ease it and to help it break in properly.

Sensei
08-24-12, 17:30

The factory slide lever is more of a "stop" than a release. That is why a number of people have added Vickers slide releases as an aftermarket enhancement if they want to release the slide with their thumb. You will also notice that the slide stop is probably a little easier to manipulate as a release when the slide is retracted on an empty mag (as opposed to manually locking back the slide).

saddlerocker
08-24-12, 17:30

This is why Vickers makes a nice extended slide lock.

Took my FDE Gen4 G17 to the range today and ran about 200rds through it.
Happy to report no malfunctions or brass in the face.
Ejection is weak, but nothing hit me so im fine with that.

I was shooting my M&P9 FS also as a comparison and what was very noticeable was how much more comfortable the M&P grip is.
Im thinking the Gen3 with some grip decals would have been better, but ill get used to it.

Still not sure if I like the Grip Force adapters or not.
I ran the medium backstrap most of the time, but tried the grip force and no backstrap.

I wanted to verify function before I dumped money into sights and a holster, but since everything seems good, a set of Trijicon HD's is badly needed. My stock plastic sights are crooked.

Again Test fire date is 8-8-2012
30274 Ejector
THF Prefix

plouffedaddy
08-24-12, 17:44
FDE Color Comparison Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM8-6lm5t-o)

I made the video above to show real world comparison of the FDE color vs other FDE colors by Magpul, MI, US Palm, S&W, ect....
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/tiffani33/Guns/DSC01436.jpg

jmp45
08-24-12, 17:48
First Glock here too. The slide stop was near impossible to release without a full mag inserted. With the mag no problem, wife could do it.

I tried the Gen4 and 3 G19. The grip on the Gen3 is much better imho, wife likes it better too. She will be running this one as well. May have to get another..

TheWaker43
08-24-12, 18:01
My first Glock as well, a G19 gen3. Was not even looking for one but could not resist the color. I ran it for a while stock (other than night sights) than changed out for the Vickers mag release and slide stop. They both feel better, but the slide stop is vast improvement. So much more natural and easy to manipulate.

jmp45
08-24-12, 18:36
My first Glock as well, a G19 gen3. Was not even looking for one but could not resist the color. I ran it for a while stock (other than night sights) than changed out for the Vickers mag release and slide stop. They both feel better, but the slide stop is vast improvement. So much more natural and easy to manipulate.

I'm thinking of doing the same..

DontCome2MyHouse
08-25-12, 19:08
This is why Vickers makes a nice extended slide lock.

Took my FDE Gen4 G17 to the range today and ran about 200rds through it.
Happy to report no malfunctions or brass in the face.
Ejection is weak, but nothing hit me so im fine with that.

I was shooting my M&P9 FS also as a comparison and what was very noticeable was how much more comfortable the M&P grip is.
Im thinking the Gen3 with some grip decals would have been better, but ill get used to it.

Still not sure if I like the Grip Force adapters or not.
I ran the medium backstrap most of the time, but tried the grip force and no backstrap.

I wanted to verify function before I dumped money into sights and a holster, but since everything seems good, a set of Trijicon HD's is badly needed. My stock plastic sights are crooked.

Again Test fire date is 8-8-2012
30274 Ejector
THF Prefix

I also have the G17 Gen4 FDE with a test fire date of 8-8-2012 with the THF prefix. Looks like ours were made on the same day. I haven't got the chance to fire it yet. I noticed I have a "dipped" extractor. I'm assuming yours does as well?

saddlerocker
08-25-12, 19:55
I have not checked the extractor
It has to be taken out to see correct? Or can I tell just from looking at it?

EDIT: Yes it is Dipped.
All this time I thought dipped was the manufacturing process. Like MIM or Cast ect...., not literally a "dip" in the shape.

This is strange isnt it? I thought Glock was starting to go away from Dipped in recent guns.

DontCome2MyHouse
08-25-12, 20:29
I have not checked the extractor
It has to be taken out to see correct? Or can I tell just from looking at it?

EDIT: Yes it is Dipped.
All this time I thought dipped was the manufacturing process. Like MIM or Cast ect...., not literally a "dip" in the shape.

This is strange isnt it? I thought Glock was starting to go away from Dipped in recent guns.

Yeah. I thought "dipped" meant it was dipped in some type of liquid coating. Haha.

I've read that "new" Glocks have the "non-dipped" extractor as well. Since ours were dated 8-8-12 (doesn't get much newer than that!) I would have thought they would have the non-dipped version.

ghostrider1
08-25-12, 23:07
Well, I got m19 in today. Paperwork and all filled out , now begins this dumb ass 7 day waiting period. Man I hate this state sometimes. All that damn waiting, might just make me hit the range on saturday when I pick it up.