PDA

View Full Version : 12 o'clock rail on a MOE handguard...

Animal_Mother556
08-15-12, 08:03
I have heard that there can be some kind of modifications done to make this possible.

I am having a hard time finding any instructions on how to do so.

IS it even possible to mount a piece of MOE rail to a MOE handguard at 12 o'clock?

Thanks, gentleman

LocoPlumber
08-15-12, 08:12
I did on my older first gen moe hand guard it had a flat top to the upper half. However can't to the newer ones that are piston friendly without moderate grinding and filing which I didn't want to get into. The new ones are rounded on the top half.

Animal_Mother556
08-15-12, 13:20
I did on my older first gen moe hand guard it had a flat top to the upper half. However can't to the newer ones that are piston friendly without moderate grinding and filing which I didn't want to get into. The new ones are rounded on the top half.

I was afraid of that...crap.

Thanks, man

DIRTMAN556
08-15-12, 18:04
I've done this before with the newer MOE guards. Its really not recommended. But it can be done. Just use the regular rails and clamp them down tight. Worked for me.

cdmiller
08-15-12, 20:37
Clamping them down tight without removing the outer ridge at the ends will cause the ends to bow upward which can cause issues.

Look for my posts in this thread https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=108683 and you can see how I did it on my wife's rifle.