PDA

View Full Version : Could it be? An AK Jams And Later Explodes??

Safetyhit
01-28-08, 20:44
Not as reliable as so many have been led to believe, though I know this is not the norm either. From Iraq:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b9c_1201440552

Jay Cunningham
01-28-08, 20:51
This can and has happened with almost every firearm in existence.

TOrrock
01-28-08, 20:52
And we have no way of knowing the condition of the weapon or the ammunition.

Arab 7.62x39mm is notoriously unreliable and can be dangerous.

ToddG
01-28-08, 20:52
Could it be? An AK Jams And Later Explodes??

Glock makes AKs?

(ducks and runs)

Robb Jensen
01-28-08, 21:14
Glock makes AKs?

(ducks and runs)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/smilies/clowneat.gif

GlockWRX
01-28-08, 21:25
Glock makes AKs?

(ducks and runs)

Oh man, that's looooowww.

rayray
01-28-08, 21:29

Thats Right.

losbronces
01-28-08, 22:05
Glock makes AKs?

(ducks and runs)

So... Do you do much business with regard to pistol shooting instruction or do folks have you figured out?

ToddG
01-28-08, 22:14
So... Do you do much business with regard to pistol shooting instruction or do folks have you figured out?

Ummm ... huh? :confused:

Safetyhit
01-28-08, 22:20

Of course it can, but the AK is supposed to be foolproof. ;)

Jay Cunningham
01-28-08, 22:23

I'm a little confused myself. Can you clarify your question?

Safetyhit
01-28-08, 22:26
Sounds as though he likes Glocks?

ToddG
01-28-08, 22:33
Ohhhh ... sorry, wasn't trying to slaughter any sacred cows. Just making a funny.

FWIW, if I wasn't carrying an M&P, I'd probably go buy a Glock 19 as my "EDC."

MonteSmoke
01-28-08, 22:37
squib?

Heavy Metal
01-28-08, 22:38
Check out the comments section. I think everyone with the exception of mabey two posters were absolute idiots.

And the ones wishing contractors dead should dive into a wood chipper feet first.

Heavy Metal
01-28-08, 22:40
squib?

I would bet is is some craptacular ammo related issue. Proabally some high-grade Iraqi ammo.

John_Wayne777
01-28-08, 22:54

You should go to the hospital.

I think your funny bone is broken.

John_Wayne777
01-28-08, 22:57
Check out the comments section. I think everyone with the exception of mabey two posters were absolute idiots.

And the ones wishing contractors dead should dive into a wood chipper feet first.

Video sites aren't known for being repositories of critical thinking.

Look at it this way: The people making the idiotic comments probably have uploaded video footage of themselves (or their buddies) firing bottle rockets from their anus.

I don't really get too offended if someone like that calls me an idiot.

Jay Cunningham
01-28-08, 23:02
The people making the idiotic comments probably have uploaded video footage of themselves (or their buddies) firing bottle rockets from their anus.

There may have even been a "bloomin' onion" video or two.

And yes, losbronces, he was joking about Glocks KB. Lighten up.

armakraut
01-29-08, 00:06
The most common problem (if you can call it that) I've had with AK's has been a failure in the primer to detonate. It happens to me once about every 1000 rounds.

Some less common problems are the bolt not stripping a round out of the magazine (getting hung up) and a magazine that is for whatever reason dimensionally incorrect (damaged, or just came that way from the factory).

AK's can also suffer from the same catastrophic ammunition failures you'll find with all firearms.

I have no doubt that American/Western ammunition is produced under better conditions than combloc stuff. You can directly act on that bolt/carrier on an AK, and that makes a world of difference.

TY44934
01-31-08, 13:55
squib?

That would be a reasonable guess if it was the NEXT round after he cleared the malf.

But, if you watch it again, look at how he successfully fires several more rounds - and then it suddenly blows.

My guess (which will probably remain just a guess) is that the particular gun had developed excessive head space - which would not be unusual if it was used for full auto training or was locally made in Iraq & not of good quality. I doubt the Iraqis were experts at weapon maintnance.

Too much head space will eventually lead to a case head separation. Just dumping the back half of the separated cartridge case (along with the high pressure gas) into an AK's receiver would create what is shown on the video.

Again, we will probably never know for sure.

Regards,

TY

ddemis
01-31-08, 14:17
After watching that video it looks like a overcharged round explodes and destroys the receiver. Without being able to closely examine the damage it is hard to tell exactly what happened.At least he had eye protection on so I hope he didn't any chards in the eyes.

Lumpy196
01-31-08, 16:57
Video sites aren't known for being repositories of critical thinking.

Most of the internet isn't a repository for critical thinking.

I swear some people have post-it notes on their monitors that say "breathe through nose."

skyugo
01-31-08, 17:30
I swear some people have post-it notes on their monitors that say "breathe through nose."

:eek: are you watching me right now?!

Robb Jensen
01-31-08, 18:54
Most of the internet isn't a repository for critical thinking.

Damn you type some funny shit! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v408/gotm4/smilies/anim_rofl2.gif