PDA

View Full Version : What ammo to buy for my new LMT 16" carbine, Prvi M193 or 75gr match?

flyer
01-29-08, 06:11
I am looking to purchase some ammo for my new LMT 16" carbine and was wondering which ammo would be the overall best to purchase (best accuracy and good SHTF ammo to stock up on)? That said I have read the reviews for the Prvi ammo and both the M193 and 75gr match look to be the best ammo available. It looks like the M193 might be the best ammo for long term storage since it has sealed primers and cases, but how does it shoot in the 16" LMT M4s? The 75gr match do not have the sealant, but look to have the best accuracy potential. So I would like feedback from those who have shot both of the Prvi loadings from the 16" LMT M4 style uppers. Any feedback from fellow LMT M4 style upper owners who have shot the Prvi ammo would be greatly appreciated.

Robb Jensen
01-29-08, 06:20
The 75gr is going to be more accurate but you won't really notice until about 300yds+ and then usually only with magnified optics. If you're running red dot optics you nor I are probably good enough shooters to see the difference especially out of a chrome lined LMT barrel.

flyer
01-29-08, 07:06
Thanks gotm4 for your reply. So if the accuracy difference is only noticed at distance, then the ammo to stock up on would be the cheaper M193, correct?

Robb Jensen
01-29-08, 07:49
Thanks gotm4 for your reply. So if the accuracy difference is only noticed at distance, then the ammo to stock up on would be the cheaper M193, correct?

Yep. It would.

flyer
01-29-08, 08:08
Thanks, I guess my Visa card will be happy to get some use today.