PDA

View Full Version : Phone call of the day!

C4IGrant
08-17-12, 13:03
So I answer the phone today (which was my mistake) and I get to have the following conversation:

Me: G&R Tactical
Caller: Do you guys sell handguns?
Me: Yes, mostly S&W, Walther and Glock.
Caller: Hmm, those sound expensive.
Me: What is the definition of expensive?
Caller: Well I would like to find a .380 Auto for around $150. It will just be used for home defense.
Me: Uhm, well I don't know that I would be willing to bet my life on a $150 dollar .380 Auto. I would suggest saving up for something in the $300-$400 range.
Caller: Do you have any shotguns?
Me: Good-Bye!

:blink:

C4

jaxman7
08-17-12, 13:29
That was me Grant and I was VERY upset with your customer service. I am buying my Bersa Thunder .380 elsewhere! :jester:

-Jax

C4IGrant
08-17-12, 13:33
That was me Grant and I was VERY upset with your customer service. I am buying my Bersa Thunder .380 elsewhere! :jester:

-Jax

LOL, really? You live in Ohio now?? :D

C4

jaxman7
08-17-12, 13:35
Umm.....yeh.....just got back from vacationing there.....like...right now! ;)

-Jax

M4arc
08-17-12, 14:12
Grant, I just tried calling you and I think we got cut off when I was asking about shotguns...

sammage
08-17-12, 15:31
Sounds like some non-shooter friends when they want to protect their home. I always end up asking them what their life is worth.

C4IGrant
08-17-12, 15:45
Sounds like some non-shooter friends when they want to protect their home. I always end up asking them what their life is worth.

I find that I struggle with my fellow gun owners sometimes. There are many turn offs for me. The main ones are the whole zombie BS, silly video game associations and fundamental lack of knowledge on most everything from training to understanding how THEIR firearms work.

Whats worse is that they typically choose to let the world know about their ignorance on forums and then get butt hurt when someone sets them straight. If anything, they should thank that person for spending time to type out a reply.

Oh well.....

C4

Eurodriver
08-17-12, 16:03
Its not just guns.

How many people do you know roll around on tires that have zero traction because they get 50,000+ miles in their 3 ton SUVs and they only cost $80?

Ever wonder why $49.99 brake jobs are so popular?

Hell - just look what most Americans eat and you'll see why people like Grant's (potential ;) ) customer act the way they do.

Clint
08-17-12, 18:10
You did the right thing Grant.

Now step away from the phone... Real slow like...

Moose-Knuckle
08-17-12, 19:44
You should have talked him into the Taurus Judge . . . the best of both worlds. :sarcastic:

jaxman7
08-17-12, 19:57
You should have talked him into the Taurus Judge . . . the best of both worlds. :sarcastic:

I cannot explain to you how many people I have tried to talk to about NOT getting a judge. That thing has grown to some mythic short barrelled shotgun man stopper legend around here. I freaking hate that gun. The only purpose I can see it being actually productive at is snake hunting.

-Jax

ETA: The local gun store employees have not helped in my attempt to rid the world of all things Taurus Judge. Minus the self defense situation involving a cottonmouth of course.

Clint
08-17-12, 20:25
I cannot explain to you how many people I have tried to talk to about NOT getting a judge. That thing has grown to some mythic short barrelled shotgun man stopper legend around here. I freaking hate that gun. The only purpose I can see it being actually productive at is snake hunting.

-Jax

But, but, but ... It can shoot .45 long Colt, .410 shotgun AND .45 ACP with the adapter. Come on! Whats not to love!?!?!
:suicide2: :suicide2: :suicide2: :suicide2: :suicide2:

jaxman7
08-17-12, 21:15
But, but, but ... It can shoot .45 long Colt, .410 shotgun AND .45 ACP with the adapter. Come on! Whats not to love!?!?!
:suicide2: :suicide2: :suicide2: :suicide2: :suicide2:

Clint,

My sincerest of apologies. I have forgotten that the Judge can shoot ALL of the said rounds mentioned in your post. As I understand it all of the elite special operations forces (up to and including the most well regarded SEAL Team 6/DEVGRU) have transiontioned from their M4 and SCAR variants to the Taurus Judge as their primary (and of course secondary and tertiary) I humbly stand corrected. :ph34r::lol:

-Jax

jaxman7
08-17-12, 21:17
.....and of course it stands to reason there is NO better zombie slayer!!!!!!

-Jax