View Full Version : Vickers Tactical Pistol I, Allentown, PA

Ron Flowers
01-29-08, 09:53
Training Announcement

Two-day Pistol I, with Vickers Tactical
September 8-9, 2008, hosted at Guthsville Rod and Gun Club
http://www.guthsville.com/homepg.htm
(directions on website)

Law Enforcement, Military, and Reputable Citizens Welcome!
Class size is limited! (A wait list will be generated.)

POC is Ron Flowers, Jr, at ronbo29@rcn.com
Tuition is $400 per person, and $10.00 per day Range Fee
Attendance cannot be guaranteed until Full Payment is Rec’vd!
Law Enforcement/Military; please include copy of credentials and all contact information.
Civilians; Please include letter of recommendation, and own and recommender’s contact info.

Checks/Registration may be mailed to:
Ron Flowers
7001 N Route 309
Suite 169-284
Coopersburg, PA 18036

Acceptance into this class is at the sole discretion of Ron Flowers and Vickers Tactical

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.
Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

Pistol I - Introductory Level
This class is for shooters who have had at least a basic pistol class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. State concealed carry certification classes specifically do not qualify. Topics covered include basic pistol topics and the following: malfunction drills, shooting on the move as well as strong hand and weak hand shooting. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Concealed carry methods are also covered.
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Good attitude
• Hand held flashlight and spare batteries.
• Ammo requirement is 1000 rounds.
• Eye and Ear Protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Serviceable handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
• Serviceable holster
• Minimum 1 double magazine pouch
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions.

Stretz Tactical Inc
01-29-08, 09:58
I'm in. I'll be emailing you shortly.

Ron Flowers
01-31-08, 14:06
This one has a few committed already. It will fill fast. If interested, schedule and rerserve your spot soon.

Ron Flowers
02-08-08, 07:48
I have one (1) paid in full and seven (7) more who are committed, awaiting payment.

This class will max out at 10-12, so full committment and payment is expected soonest.

Thanks!

Ron Flowers
02-11-08, 13:53
I am now starting to "wait list" anyone elese interested in this class. I will "wait list" those who can pay in full right away until March 10th. Those already on the list must pay in full by then, or someone who can will take precedence. Thanks!

Wayne Dobbs
02-11-08, 16:17
Ron,

You're gettin' kinda' greedy up there aren't you? Three LAV classes?

I know you will fill them all and it was sure great having you in Texas for that last Vickers class.

Wayne

Ron Flowers
02-11-08, 16:23
It's only two classes, Wayne! And yes, Texas was fun...and cold! If you think you can make it, we'll always make a place for 'ya.

Ron

M4arc
02-11-08, 16:45
Ron,

Are those dates correct? Is the class going to be on a Monday & Tuesday?

Wayne Dobbs
02-11-08, 17:26
Ron,

I was also counting your LE only class at the APD Academy...

Ron Flowers
02-12-08, 15:19
Ron,

Are those dates correct? Is the class going to be on a Monday & Tuesday?

Monday and Tuesday for Pistol, and Wed and Thursday foir Carbine (LEO/Military only)

Ron Flowers
02-29-08, 06:17
As indicated before, this class is "full," with several people waitlisted. Those who reserved a spot are asked to contact me and lock it in.

Also, if enough interest can be confirmed, we can run a second Pistol I class, LEO Only, on September 12th and 13th, at the Academy range. Contact me at flowers@allentowncity.org if you would be interested in attending.

Those who are waitlisted for the Sept 9th and 10th class will be given preference.

Thanks...