PDA

View Full Version : Finally shot my Colt 1903 .32

Gunzilla
08-17-12, 15:59
Bought this recently as a replacement for my Springfield Champion LW daily carry piece.

A lot of Colt collectors will cringe at this but I just couldn't justify buying a blue one then putting it in a holster and rubbing off the original finish. Found this one that looks to be finished in Hard Chrome and thought...'well, that will do nicely for my purpose'.

These old 1903s... being much thinner than most pistols of it's size are a lot easier to hide, ...then I found a local guy through the Colt forum that makes some very nice IWB holsters for them that made it even easier to hide.

The test session went very well, 4 magazines and not even a hint of a hick-up.....gotta love these old Colts! Made me wonder why I sold the first 2 I bought over 25 years ago.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n8/eurowannabe/pieces/Valor%20and%20Champ/DSCN0710.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n8/eurowannabe/pieces/Valor%20and%20Champ/DSCN0729.jpg

Zhurdan
08-17-12, 16:02
Beautiful.

I'd love to someday get the one I have redone. It's not in too good of shape, but I did get it for free!

maddawg5777
08-17-12, 18:09
My buddy picked one of these up off his grandmother. Nice little pistol. He brought it over and you could tell something was off with the trigger. I pulled it apart to find a snapped main spring. 25 dollars and some fitting later it runs like a raped ape. Great purchase!:D.

beep
08-18-12, 16:59
These are great little guns and fun to shoot too. Mine could use a refinish as well. someday.....

Gunzilla
08-18-12, 18:12
My buddy picked one of these up off his grandmother. Nice little pistol. He brought it over and you could tell something was off with the trigger. I pulled it apart to find a snapped main spring. 25 dollars and some fitting later it runs like a raped ape. Great purchase!:D.

So, that was the mainspring and not the 3 finger sear and trigger spring that broke?

Looking to buy some spare parts and want to be sure to stock the spring you found broken.

Thanks in advance.

HackerF15E
08-18-12, 18:18
That looks magnificent in hard chrome!

So many "tactical" folks scoff .32ACP and would not dare touch something that "old" as a carry piece. Glad to see someone who doesn't think that old = crap or anything smaller than 9mm is completely worthless.

.45's and .38's
08-18-12, 21:46
that finish looks amazing. I have only seen them in blued