PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Carbine I, Allentown PD Academy (LEO/Military)

Ron Flowers
01-29-08, 09:54
Training Announcement
Vickers Tactical Carbine I; www.vickerstactical.com
Two-days; September 10-11, 2008
Hosted by the Allentown Police Academy for Law Enforcement/Military Only
POC is: LT. Ron Flowers, Jr
Allentown Police Academy
2110 Park Drive
Allentown, PA 18103
flowers@allentowncity.org

Tuition is $400.00; Class size limited! (Waiting list will be generated) Attendance cannot be guaranteed until full payment is received!

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.
Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

Carbine I – Introductory Level
For shooters who have had at least a basic carbine class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. Topics covered include basic carbine topics and the following: malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions. Class equipment is the same as the carbine basic with the addition of a weapon mounted flashlight and service pistol (minimum 9mm para caliber).

Ammo requirement is 1000 rounds plus 150 rounds pistol.
• Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Serviceable carbine - typical calibers include 9mm, 45 ACP, 30 cal, 5.56 mm, 7.62 x 39mm
• Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
• Minimum 1 magazine pouch - or method to carry spare magazine(s)
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Good attitude

Ron Flowers
02-02-08, 06:35
The Pistol class is filling rapidly.... We have a maximum of sixteen (16), and the Carbine class already has four (4) out of sixteen.

I thought Sept would be a long way off....but these training opportunities are generating a lot of interest.

Ron Flowers
02-08-08, 07:47
I currently have five (5) committed, awaiting their agency cutting checks. This course will max out at 10-12...so full committment and payment is needed soonest.

Thanks!

Ron Flowers
03-11-08, 11:04
Training Announcement
Vickers Tactical Carbine I; www.vickerstactical.com
Two-days; September 10-11, 2008
Hosted by the Allentown Police Academy for Law Enforcement/Military Only
POC is: LT. Ron Flowers, Jr
Allentown Police Academy
2110 Park Drive
Allentown, PA 18103
flowers@allentowncity.org

Tuition is $400.00; Class size limited! (Waiting list will be generated) Attendance cannot be guaranteed until full payment is received!

Larry Vickers is a retired career special operations soldier with 20-plus years of service to our country. A longtime 1st SFOD- Delta operational member, he was a key player in the small arms marksmanship expertise and weapons selection of that Unit. He brings a very unique set of skills to the market, and has a wide and varied background in the firearms industry.
Select Special Operations , Military, and Law Enforcement Units seek him out on a regular basis for expert combat marksmanship training. Considered one of the best combat marksmanship instructors in the U.S, he has become one of the most sought after instructors in the Worldwide Special Operations community.

Carbine I – Introductory Level
For shooters who have had at least a basic carbine class either from Vickers Tactical or any other accredited instructor. Topics covered include basic carbine topics and the following: malfunction drills and shooting on the move as well as transitions. Introduction to timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Night-fire will depend on time of year and range restrictions. Class equipment is the same as the carbine basic with the addition of a weapon mounted flashlight and service pistol (minimum 9mm para caliber).

Ammo requirement is 1000 rounds plus 150 rounds pistol.
• Eye and ear protection (electronic hearing protection is preferred)
• Serviceable carbine - typical calibers include 9mm, 45 ACP, 30 cal, 5.56 mm, 7.62 x 39mm
• Serviceable sling- suitable for a variety of shooting positions - tactical type preferred
• Minimum 1 magazine pouch - or method to carry spare magazine(s)
• Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5 is better)
• Suitable range wear depending on the season
• Good attitude

We can comfortably take three more persons. Contact me for additional info or if interested.

Ron Flowers
03-25-08, 05:48
Two places left if anyone is interested.

Thanks

Ron Flowers
07-02-08, 15:21
This class, as well as both Pistol I classes, have been cancelled. Larry had a conflicting personal committment that came up.

Larry Vickers
07-04-08, 07:01
Please accept my apologies to anyone who signed up - Ron did a great job setting these classes and filling them so hats off to him - I tried my best but something came up that I could not work around

We will do these classes in 2009, time TBD, and I will hold prices at 2008 levels for these classes in PA

Thanx

LAV

30 cal slut
07-04-08, 07:18
greatly looking forward to it in 2009! ... the drive to South Hill is killing me. ;)

rgrwilcox
07-04-08, 13:26
hopefully i'll be conus so i can catch one of these classes