PDA

View Full Version : PC help requested...Updated..fixed issue..

Belmont31R
08-17-12, 20:45
Primary PC is an HP desktop running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP2. Yesterday morning I got a USB error, and when I went to Device Manager it said the Isatap #3 driver could not be loaded. I found a solution online on the Windows website, and it was basically removing Isatap #3, and then manually re installing the software. I did that, and the error went away.

However since then the computer has been very buggy, and easily gets over loaded with tasks. Like opening new windows or programs it takes forever, and when I do a restart it takes around 5 minutes just to get to the desktop, and then it takes another few minutes for everything to load.

I ran Malwarebytes, and MSE with no malicious items found. Have gotten no other errors popping up. Its just like the computer is in slow motion after that initial USB error. I had to unplug all my USB connected items, and after I plugged everything back in it did the loading drivers routine for things like the mouse and keyboard which have been the same devices that have been connected for well over a year.

I'd really like to load Windows 7 but don't have a couple hundred to buy it. I already did the Windows 7 pre-check stuff, and aside from updating a few drivers it would be fine on this machine. I know Vista is regarded as being sucky but this thing has been on for years now, and never had a single issue.

Im looking into building my own computer early next year but need this one to keep working until then. My wife starts school next Monday, and we absolutely need this thing working for a few more months.

Anyways the only thing I was doing when that error popped up was a few Chrome windows, and I had my phone connected but was just charging.

1_click_off
08-17-12, 21:14
Do you still have you window vista disk? If so put it in and when it asked for uninstall, modify, or repair, select repair. This might fix any registry errors in it. Also will repair drivers.

Belmont31R
08-17-12, 21:20
Do you still have you window vista disk? If so put it in and when it asked for uninstall, modify, or repair, select repair. This might fix any registry errors in it. Also will repair drivers.

Don't have a Vista CD....

1_click_off
08-17-12, 21:27
Pm sent

Belmont31R
08-21-12, 21:07
Got everything figured out, and had an AWESOME guy here send me a Windows 7 Ultimate set.

Installed that, and things still weren't running right.

Finally figured out my hdd was going bad...sold some stuff and got a Samsung 830 series 128GB SSD. Installed that tonight, reloaded Win 7, and everything is good. Installing SP1 right now.

Thanks everyone for the help. :D