PDA

View Full Version : Travis Haley's glock trigger.. Who's tried one?

Jack-O
08-17-12, 20:49
What the heck makes these things so special? how do they differ from a minus connector with some smoothing? Whats the pull weight?
Are they worth it?

rathos
08-17-12, 22:10
I always hate it when people say this, but do a search. There was a pretty big thread talking about this trigger.

Alaskapopo
08-17-12, 22:45
What the heck makes these things so special? how do they differ from a minus connector with some smoothing? Whats the pull weight?
Are they worth it?

I run one and love it. Best trigger I have felt on a Glock.
Pat

infidelprodigy
08-17-12, 22:45
Explanation right from the source.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWEnIJ3VUOQ

uwe1
08-17-12, 23:00
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=95151

TacWick
08-17-12, 23:16
My buddy has one. Its a great trigger. But for the price, I understand why he has more ghosts

JBecker 72
08-18-12, 00:24
I have one in my 34 and have run about 2000 rounds through it so far. Overall I am very pleased though I feel the price is a bit on the steep side. Everyone who shoots it has pretty much loved it as well.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

og556
08-18-12, 11:12
After reading about what this trigger does to your drop safety I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering why you guys are using this.

The idea that downward pressure against the slide would release the striker is terrifying for a carry gun.

I like the idea of a crisper trigger on my Glock but there is no trigger good enough to make me want to compromise my safeties.

opdsgt
08-18-12, 11:18
I like Travis Haley very much and respect both his body of work and the products he puts his name on, but my preference -admittedly never having sampled "his" triggers- is Ghost, Inc.

I installed a Rocket 3.5 w/Gen 3 action bar and unserrated trigger in my Gen4 G19 and it's about my favorite carry pistol of all time (been shooting 26 years and carrying various weapons professionally for 23). It's about the closest thing to a high quality 1911 trigger you'll experience on any Glock.

Littlelebowski
08-18-12, 11:37
Check LightFighter, Jack-O.

JBecker 72
08-18-12, 12:11
After reading about what this trigger does to your drop safety I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering why you guys are using this.

The idea that downward pressure against the slide would release the striker is terrifying for a carry gun.

I like the idea of a crisper trigger on my Glock but there is no trigger good enough to make me want to compromise my safeties.

I spoke with Jeff from Glock triggers and he states adamantly that no safeties are disabled with this trigger. :confused:

d90king
08-18-12, 12:13
Check LightFighter, Jack-O.

:dirol::fie::dirol:

Turnkey11
08-18-12, 12:31
This a pretty abrupt turn around considering last year or the year before everybody was going to NY triggers for a heavy DA style pull...is it bad Ive stuck with a standard out of the box 5# trigger the entire time?

og556
08-18-12, 12:55
If it has not disabled any safeties then why is it possible to release the striker when you press down on the slide ?

Littlelebowski
08-18-12, 13:05
https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1220037&postcount=109

JBecker 72
08-18-12, 13:34
https://www.m4carbine.net/showpost.php?p=1220037&postcount=109

Well shit. I never saw that post before. Robb has worked on a few things for me when I lived in Manassas and I trust his work.

Disappointing news.

Jack-O
08-19-12, 10:28
They make a couple versions one of which is the guardian for carry use. the skimmer is for competition apparently.

It doesnt appear they sell it for the model I wanted it for anyway so it's kind of moot for me now. I did a polish job on all the components they supply with that kit without changing any angles or springs or anything, and with a minus connector I did smooth it out quite a bit and bring it closer to where it needs to be without getting hinky.

I'll work with this and just focus on proper trigger activation and grip mechanics. hopefully that will sort things out. hell it cant hurt!!

JBecker 72
08-19-12, 11:30
They make a couple versions one of which is the guardian for carry use. the skimmer is for competition apparently.

That is not how they market it or sell it.

Singlestack Wonder
08-19-12, 12:20

The Haley trigger does disable one of the 3 safeties in the Glock (i.e. drop). While maybe ok for games like ipsc, not for real world SHTF use. This is a common problem with competition triggers (Vanek Custom, Glock Triggers, etc.).

og556
08-19-12, 15:26
If that is the case it is completely irresponsible of these companies to market any of these triggers as safe for carry.

I don't personally know Travis Haley but I respect what this man has done for our country. I wonder if he is aware of the issues with this trigger and how it is being marketed to shooters ?

uwe1
08-19-12, 18:32
Well shit. I never saw that post before. Robb has worked on a few things for me when I lived in Manassas and I trust his work.

Disappointing news.

That thread I linked in a few posts above has all the relevant info inside. Robb even shows how it is disabled in a video. Oops, vid is in post LL linked.

The Lightfighter thread LL mentioned is a train wreck that you just can't look away from. Even with the drama, it's still full of good info about Glock triggers.
http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1931084651/m/96920244863/p/1

Jack-O
08-20-12, 00:41
That is not how they market it or sell it.

looking back at the glocktriggers page I found it on when researching it appears I mistook a few of their other trigger systems for Haley stuff.

I was incorrect in stating there were other versions. I totally misread that information. Apologies.

JonnyVain
08-20-12, 22:40
You can get a pretty good pull by modding the trigger bar like they have. IE, rounding off the top that depresses the FP block. Polish it up nice and put in your favorite - connector.

IMO single action type trigger pulls are for guns with safeties.

samuse
08-21-12, 08:00
I've never understood why people **** with Glock triggers.

Magsz
08-21-12, 10:19

Because there is no magic bullet for everyone. Certain people like certain trigger characteristics and if you have the option to tailor the gun to YOUR preferences, why the FRIG not.

There are two criteria that you do not mess with.

1. Reliability
2. Safety.

chadil1ac
08-21-12, 10:31
Because there is no magic bullet for everyone. Certain people like certain trigger characteristics and if you have the option to tailor the gun to YOUR preferences, why the FRIG not.

There are two criteria that you do not mess with.

1. Reliability
2. Safety.

This.

Jack-O
08-21-12, 10:41
the rest of my glocks have unmodded triggers. this particular one is large for my hands and the reach is more than I am competent with and thus the weight of the pull has been noticeably messing with my accuracy and my ability to become proficient with it.

I polished all the contact areas and areas that contribute to pull weight and brought it down to an estimated 4-5 pounds with a lighter take-up that stacks nicely and breaks like a regular glock. that is about as far as I am willing to go with it, so it's just good ol fashioned shootin practice from here out.

Alaskapopo
08-21-12, 12:30

To make them better. A good trigger can improve your shooting greatly.
Pat