PDA

View Full Version : Safariland 3 hole holster on 2 hole leg shroud

Packeagle
08-18-12, 15:36
I have a new Safariland 6320 with the "standard" 3 hole pattern. I would like to mount it to a 6004 leg shroud I just got off of eBay with a 2 hole pattern. The leg shroud came with a holster for a Sig P226. I planned on taking it off and mounting my 6320 Glock 22 holster. I am looking for suggestions on how to make the two items work together.

I have a few ideas:

1. Attempt to resell the 6004 leg shroud on ebay and purchase the newer 3 hole leg shroud.

2. Purchase the QLS and attach the holster using it. (Already emailed Safariland to see if QLS will bolt to 2 hole leg shroud.)

3. Cobble together some kind of two hole to one adapter.

4. Other suggestions??

Packeagle
08-20-12, 18:39
Anyone have a QLS 22 they can measure for me? I need to know the distance between the holes pattern. Could you measure both the green and yellow distances in my attachment? Thank you very much.

JSantoro
08-21-12, 10:55
Those leg shrouds are extremely adaptable; consider just putting holes in the shroud to match your holster, where you need them to be....

Take a piece of paper, lay it across the back of the holster, use a marker to mark the paper (or punch holes in the paper) where the female-threaded hardware is on the holster back, transfer that pattern to wherever height you want to use on the leg shroud, use a soldering iron to make holes in the shroud, mount the holster with the usual hardware.

I've only ever used the 3-hole pattern; is the 2-hole vertical or horizontal? I'm guessing vertical, like the two holes within the 3-hole pattern on the QLS plate shown, but don't know.

QLS and calipers are at home, will see what's what later, if nobody else can get to theirs.

Packeagle
08-21-12, 12:22
Yes they are vertical.

Safariland said the two hole pattern is not compatible with the QLS, and I need to buy a new leg shroud. I don't get how this can be the case as the top hole in the shroud lines up in the middle of the two top holes on the holster (as the center hole on the QLS).

I will probably just buy a QLS and see what happens. I made the mistake of ordering the "wrong" leg shroud and so I want to make sure I'm not ordering more parts that are not compatible.

Hello XXXXXXXX,

Thank you for your email. Sadly, no, the 3 hold pattern QLS will not fit any 2 hole pattern holster or leg shroud. Maybe it's time to buy one of our Model 6004 or 6005 3 hole pattern leg shroud. :) Please call us if you are. 800-347-1200, option. 1.

Thank you,

Lia XXXXXX

JSantoro
08-21-12, 17:10
Green line is 2.5"

Red line is 1.5"

Both measurements are taken center-to-center of the specified holes on the image.

Packeagle
08-21-12, 18:56
Thanks. That is the info I was looking for. The distance on the shroud is 2.5 inches. Looks like Safariland CS was trying to up sell me. The QLS Kit is the route I think I'll go.