PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon replacements?

Irishman
08-19-12, 04:29
I have a Glock that has trijicon night sights that are getting dim. Are they replaceable inserts, or are they throw away once dead? Or what is the cost to replace?

Axcelea
08-19-12, 11:27
Check with Trijicon and see if you are within warranty for replacements or repair. I know they will come with a 12 year guarantee (green ones) on the lighting for the original owner. If not the original owner or they are dimmed within reason (should be expected to be 50% at 12 years so if its 75% then its probably not dim enough to consider wrong but if one lamp was dimmer then the others then it may be an issue) I don't think you will get warranty replacement.

Getting out of warranty repair/replacement and you can send them in to have the lamps replaced for a fee.

Pretty much which ever route it goes, contact Trijicon and see if its either in warranty to replace them or if you need to pay out of pocket to get the lamps replaced and all necessary steps for sending them in such as getting a return authorization.

Mjolnir
08-19-12, 19:03
Tooltech in MI can replace the vials if u should choose to go that route. I think it is $70 for the front; expect at least that for the rear.

Axcelea
08-20-12, 09:53
Tooltech in MI can replace the vials if u should choose to go that route. I think it is $70 for the front; expect at least that for the rear.

I think at $140 a pair I would flat replace them and renew the warranties and guarantees of the product. Sending back to Trijicon for hopefully free repair or a smaller fee would probably be best bet price wise.

Not sure how good Trijicons customer service is or how quick their turn around time is for doing work on sites. Always something to figure in.

Irishman
08-20-12, 21:09
Natchez has on sale for less than a hundred bucks right now,

ST911
08-21-12, 09:14
How old are they? If you got a reasonable service life out of them, replace them. If you didn't, return them to Trijicon and see what they think.

Basic tritium night sights from various manufacturers are relatively inexpensive right now.

What a great time to upgrade to a set of Trijicon HDs.

Irishman
08-21-12, 09:55
How old are they? If you got a reasonable service life out of them, replace them. If you didn't, return them to Trijicon and see what they think.

Basic tritium night sights from various manufacturers are relatively inexpensive right now.

What a great time to upgrade to a set of Trijicon HDs.
They have to be 8-10 at this point, I think I will go with new, kinda liking the XS speed sights.

coyote hunter
08-21-12, 19:39
Without attempting a thread jack.

My night sights are stamped with the T logo, and the H3. They are stamped into the metal on the left side of the sight

There is no date code

Are these real trijicons? are they glock OEM trigicon? Any indication as to age?

The image below is from the trijicon website.

http://www.trijicon.com/images/general/faq_nightsights.jpg

Irishman
08-21-12, 20:29
I just got a email from Trijicon, it would cost me $54 plus shipping for me to send my slide to them and have new inserts installed.

SW-Shooter
08-22-12, 04:06
I am a big fan of the Meprolight night sights, I think dollar for dollar they are the brightest on the market. I also like the orange/green contrast sites they offer.