PDA

View Full Version : P220 Elite without beavertail?

ARonBoard
08-19-12, 18:59
As the title says.

There is a guy locally selling a P220 "Elite" but it does not have a beavertail but the slide says elite. It is black on black.

Does or did any such thing ever exist? I guess I assumed all had the beavertail.

Timbonez
08-20-12, 12:40
I've never heard of that configuration, but that doesn't mean they don't exist. It is most likely a combination of an Elite slide with a standard frame.

F-Trooper05
08-20-12, 12:43
Having a beavertail on a SIG is retarded anyways.

RIDE
08-20-12, 13:48

Why is that?

LightningFast
08-20-12, 14:34
I know a number of people who have swapped Sig parts to get a certain look or whatever. One friend has a "Blackwater" Sig that started off as a plain jane Sig. I have no idea if BW internals are different, but it is externally the same.

Anyways... it might just be a swapped slide/frame.

Silvanus
08-20-12, 15:00

Why is that?

IŽd like to know that too:confused: I love the beavertail on my 226...

I donŽt know about the pistol youŽre looking at but I think Sig will build and sell pretty much anything you want. They put together some "strange" looking stuff in their custom shop.

F-Trooper05
08-20-12, 15:58
Why is that?

Because SIG's don't exactly have a reputation for giving people slide bite, so what's the point? All it does is make the gun sit higher in your hand.

ARonBoard
08-20-12, 21:40
Thanks guys, Im not after any one off weapon so Ill let this one go.

ARonBoard
08-20-12, 21:41
Additionally:

Its been for sale for a few months and is a pretty low price so most must know something is up.