PDA

View Full Version : Expanding Border Zone in NM to 55 Miles...

rdc0000
08-19-12, 20:10
Please exercise your rights and comment on the proposed plan. I want a secure border and IMO more Mexican Nationals on holiday is not secure. Security must be the priority, not commerce.

http://www.statesman.com/news/texas/homeland-security-wants-to-extend-nm-border-zone-2431200.html

https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2012/08/09/2012-19458/extension-of-border-zone-in-the-state-of-new-mexico

Comment here..http://www.regulations.gov/#!documentDetail;D=USCBP-2012-0030-0001

saddlerocker
08-19-12, 20:15
This isnt an AR discussion so this may be moved, but....

While im not sure if I agree with this plan, I dont mind Mexican nationals in the US when they go about it legally.

The ones that have the temporary visa's or whatever other "cards" are not really a threat/problem imo.

The border needs secured from the Illegal Aliens/Drugs/Guns/Money

rdc0000
08-19-12, 20:45
I have seen their criminal activities when Mexicans come over legally. You cannot change a culture of graft and theft with a limited visa to enter legally. That's my opinion. I would just like everyone to have the opportunity to comment if they would like to.

kmrtnsn
08-19-12, 23:00
I have seen their criminal activities when Mexicans come over legally. You cannot change a culture of graft and theft with a limited visa to enter legally. That's my opinion. I would just like everyone to have the opportunity to comment if they would like to.

Apparently a culture of xenophobia and ignorance can't be changed either.

rdc0000
08-20-12, 09:37
Apparently a culture of xenophobia and ignorance can't be changed either.

I am not here to debate it. Comment to dot gov if you like or not but, insulting me is not productive.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-20-12, 09:54
He's not insulting you. He analyzed your statement and made a correct determination of your intent. Border security is a serious issue and starting a conversation with the notion that all Mexicans are law breakers is a non-starter.

You want to start a conversation about how we can ensure that people with access across the border are properly vetted, go ahead. You want to talk about trucking regs and their impact on employement and safety, have at.

Why the mods have let this thread live as long as it has is beyond me. You deserve and e-pimpslap and a time out.

AZ-Renegade
08-20-12, 10:08

If a Mexican National wants to enter the U.S. with the intent to break the law, why would he/she want to take the extra time/effort/cost of getting a visa to cross legally?

Not that some legal border crossers don't break the law, but placing limits on all border crossers moving around the border zone because some do smacks of pro-gun control logic. There are plenty of decent folk from Mexico who come over legally and contribute to our economy and their is no reason to punish them for the sins of the few.

If we ever go to war with Mexico (unlikely), then I would open to limiting border crossers.

trinydex
08-20-12, 10:11
it is true that many people who have legal permanent or temporary status in the united states commit crimes.

who do you think deposits the illicit proceeds into the bank? who does the narcotics smuggling? the actual trafficking of arms? the bulk cash smuggling? distribution of narcotics? alien smuggling? who runs the prostitution rings? who receives counterfeit or other illicit merchandise to peddle in urban backalleys?

and i'm not just talking about mexicans. in every sector of organized international crime (order of wording specifically selected to illustrate my point), the perpetrators state-side are legal permanent residents, temporary visa holders or united states citizens who have ties to the former.

your illegals are typically too busy in kitchens, carwashes and sweatshops. and this is after considering that many illegals are former temporary visa holders who have overstayed the time allotted to their temporary visa. of course you have illegals that are gang members and murderers and rapists etc. but remember, those who conduct the dirty business have to have a legitimate way to get around with less scrutiny. they need bank accounts and driver licenses, etc. to conduct their dirty deeds.

that said i hold a position neither in favor nor against the proposed plan.

Doc Safari
08-20-12, 10:16
This act makes official what Mexicans are already doing anyway.

I'm not worried about the rich Mexican in the $50,000 SUV coming further into the state to shop at some upscale store. The only issue would be how to handle a traffic accident since they're from a foreign country.

The lawbreakers don't care if the zone is expanded, so it's a non-issue.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

trinydex
08-20-12, 10:20
This act makes official what I'm not worried about the rich Mexican in the $50,000 SUV coming further into the state to shop at some upscale store. The only issue would be how to handle a traffic accident since they're from a foreign country.

you don't wonder where they got all their money?

Doc Safari
08-20-12, 10:24
you don't wonder where they got all their money?

I don't know what your point is, but if it's to imply that it might be drug money I've got news for you: there are plenty of US citizens shopping with drug money.

Kokopelli
08-20-12, 10:39
I don't see any advantage to the proposal.. JMO.. Ron

Doc Safari
08-20-12, 10:50
I don't see any advantage to the proposal.. JMO.. Ron

My take is that it's nothing more than Barry pandering to the Hispanic vote by making it so that Gramma Gonzales can travel from Mehico 55 miles into New Mehico to visit relatives.

Like I said, the lawbreakers won't give a damn about this "permission" to travel further into the state.

You've already got major Mexican drug cartels in places around the country that are a helluva lot further into the interior than 55 miles.

Google drug cartel hubs or something. Freaking small towns in places like South Carolina are major drug hubs.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/09/us/mexican-cartels-small-town-usa/index.html

There are way more important things to worry about than this travel zone.

Voodoochild
08-20-12, 11:46
Alright folks enough is enough.