PDA

View Full Version : LMT 10.5" upper

kgj1119
01-29-08, 16:18
Im looking into getting a couple of these uppers for my P.D.'s entry team. Is there anything special I need to do to them to get them to run all the time, everytime? Reliability is a big concern, since they are used by SWAT members. Also are there any other 10.5" uppers out there that are recommended that may be cheaper in price? The boss wants to keep price down too! Can you get a LMT upper that has a carrying handle?

sgtlmj
01-29-08, 17:00
Rainier Arms has a good LE price on them. Mine runs fine. Needs a heavy extractor spring or O-ring for reliable extraction tho.

sgtlmj
01-29-08, 20:22
Here in Michigan we cannot have truck or trunk rifles. The only time we can have a loaded firearm in our vehicle is a with a CCW and that is pistol only. Long guns are anything 30" and up and they have to be cased and unloaded. We can't even carry ammo in our rifle magazines.

SBR's are specifically forbidden by Michigan law, so lots of folks here are using the pistol only loophole and building AR & AK pistols (which must be registered).

LukeMacGillie
01-29-08, 20:23
Start with:

Stock Action spring
H Buffer
SOPMOD Reliability upgrade to the bolt/extractor.

With this you should be able to run M855, Mk262 and real M193

As the round count gets higher and if you start to have issues consider a H2 or H3 Buffer and an extra power action spring.

My M4 CQBR upper has about 6000 rounds thru it. I replaced the bolt at 3500, put an extra power action spring and H3 buffer in at 4000 rounds.

Suppressed or not it runs like a Raped Ape with Milspec Ammo. With American Eagle or Remington 55g it only runs with the suppressor.

chakup
01-30-08, 15:15
I personally think LMT makes a damn good product. I try to only carry items that I myself want/use. There are good prices to be had as well ;)

lewis
01-31-08, 20:32
My work gun is an LMT 10.5 upper on a Colt M16A1 lower. I have had no issues at all. I'm not real sure on my round count, but I went through 2 weeks of schools plus regular quals and shot a bunch on my own last year with no problems.

The only real problem I have is that guys don't like being next to you on the line when you are shooting a 10.5.

CarlosDJackal
02-01-08, 00:51
My 10.5" LMT upper has had ZERO issues. I purchased mine with the standard LMT BCG. I have not had to do anything to it other than install it onto an RRA lower which I had purchased stripped and assembled with mostly leftover parts.

FWIW, I am currently considering an LMT 16-inch upper for my girlfriend's gun.