PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to sell a car privately?

Belmont31R
08-20-12, 01:37
Auto trader fees seems like they have gone way up.

Craigslist?

Not sure where else to list it.

Selling a 2007 350Z with less than 51k miles.

chadbag
08-20-12, 02:09
Does your local area have an online classifieds perhaps sponsored by a newspaper or radio or tv station?

Here in Utah we have KSL.com and their classifieds (which are free). Everyone sells stuff there.

--

Magic_Salad0892
08-20-12, 04:11
Auto trader fees seems like they have gone way up.

Craigslist?

Not sure where else to list it.

Selling a 2007 350Z with less than 51k miles.

Just because I have to know.

What color is it, and is it manual, or auto?

(Try selling it on EE, here on M4C, or ARFcom. Lol.)

Waylander
08-20-12, 06:03
I just sold a 2005 Pathfinder and did my own homemade advertising. I found one of those cheap white window markers (shoe polish may work but probably not as well.) I had my wife write some basic info on the windows on all four sides and I'd get at least one call every day or two. More than I can say for my last experience with Autotrader. That also depends on how much you drive it or if you can park it in an area with a fair amount of traffic. I drove about 80+ miles each day mostly interstate.

glocktogo
08-20-12, 07:56
I recently sold my 03' WRX on Craigslist. Tried Craigslist AND Autotrader for my 02' Vette convertible and wound up trading it at a dealer when it wouldn't sell. I think it's all in how you price it and what the market is for what you're selling.

tb-av
08-20-12, 08:36
You think $60 is too much to "run it 'till it sells" for a car like that?

Raise your asking price by $60. No one will know.

Autotrader is the least hassle set price. Do it once and it's done. Just mark your calendar to renew free.

J-Dub
08-20-12, 11:18
I just sold my pickup off of a forum (ttora). Craigslist sucks around here, or i wouldve used it too.

One thing i suggest is, if you post it on craigslist for the love of god respond to questions about it. (not from spammers of course) Its really frustrating to email someone and never get a response. If its sold, delete the damn post, if its not just respond.

VooDoo6Actual
08-20-12, 12:30
Guerrilla Marketing.
There is a glutton of used cars on the already saturated used market so regardless of how awesome someone's car is you need someone who is looking for that model specifically to bring top $. Otherwise lowest price always make sit a better / more attractive deal.

Craig's List, Ebay (has worked for some don't laugh), KSL.com, AutoTrader etc.

Good Luck !