PDA

View Full Version : Geigerrig hydration

Battle*Hound
08-20-12, 19:11
http://www.geigerrig.com/

Does anyone have any experience or knowledge of these bladders???

praharin
08-21-12, 10:16
The only real benefit it has over what's on the market already is the constant pressure system. This also helps it keeping volume as the bladder is emptied, which improves stability. I've been considering one too. By most accounts they are quite good.

Battle*Hound
08-21-12, 21:31
I ordered the 2 liter...we will see

oef24
08-22-12, 00:07
I have 3 of them and have nothing negative to say. It works as advertised. No sloshing around when you are running. They have upgraded the hose and valve since I purchased the first one. I reached out to Geigerrig and they sent me the new valve and hose that is compatible with their in-line filter. Do not hesitate to buy one of these.

O

Battle*Hound
08-22-12, 19:20
Appreciate the input

Grizzly16
08-22-12, 21:32
I have 3 of them and have nothing negative to say. It works as advertised. No sloshing around when you are running. They have upgraded the hose and valve since I purchased the first one. I reached out to Geigerrig and they sent me the new valve and hose that is compatible with their in-line filter. Do not hesitate to buy one of these.

O

That makes me want to try one. I've got a nathan's pack for long runs and love the fit. But the sloshy bladder gets on my nerves when it is half empty.

oef24
08-22-12, 23:58
Grizzly,

No sloshing with the Geigerrig. I am a huge fan. Also, when you are running, you don't have to fight the bite valve because it sprays without any problem. I cannot stress enough how amazing they are. BTW, if you guys shop on ebay at all, I have found some amazing deals at half off retail. They are not cheap but they are worth every penny IMHO.

O

Grizzly16
08-23-12, 07:03
Grizzly,

No sloshing with the Geigerrig. I am a huge fan. Also, when you are running, you don't have to fight the bite valve because it sprays without any problem. I cannot stress enough how amazing they are. BTW, if you guys shop on ebay at all, I have found some amazing deals at half off retail. They are not cheap but they are worth every penny IMHO.

O

I'd guess the pressure does help the mouth piece. The one that comes on the geigerrig came standard on my Nathans bladder. That this terrible when used on a non-pressurized bladder. I swapped it out for a camelback valve the next day.