PDA

View Full Version : FREE 5.56 / .223 Nato Lake City Ammo...

SteyrAUG
08-20-12, 19:11
100 rounds of 1970s vintage Lake City, not reloads or seconds or anything like that.

Ammo is FREE to the first person to give this dog a good home. Located in Pompano Beach, FL.

http://www.gunshinestateshooters.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5382#Post5382

Must KEEP dog.

Clint
08-20-12, 19:38
Good on you

woodandsteel
08-20-12, 20:08
We have a Rat Terrier mix that we took in about 12 years ago as a stray. She has been the best damn dog I've ever had. Gentle with kids and fearless with other dogs.

I hope you find that pup a good home. What you are doing here, is a very good thing.

Mauser KAR98K
08-21-12, 00:04
If distance wasn't a problem, I really would. We lost our Austrian Pincher last month and it has been a little lonely, especially for our Lab.

We rescued her, plus our lab, and they have been the best damn dogs.

SteyrAUG
08-21-12, 02:33
I have the same offer on all the FL forums and got a buddy to list it on TOS in the Hometown forum, hopefully somebody will come through.

I also did the "Free Dog To A Good Home" thing on Craigslist but that one sorta scares me as they have had a problem with psychos getting free dogs so they have something to torture and kill.

I think of all the ****ing people who have contributed to this situation (the assholes that gave the dog to the assholes who lost the dog, the potential sick ****ers who troll Craigslist looking for free torture subjects, the endless parade of indifferent ****ers in my neighborhood who see a stray puppy and do NOTHING to try and help it and last but not least the assholes who blow down the street at 45mph and put every loose animal at risk) and how he got lucky enough to find the one damn house where somebody will do their best for him (mine) and I'm convinced I need to name him Lucky.

It's either Lucky or Houdini, but that's another story.

After 24 hours he isn't really growling at me any more. He begrudgingly holds still if I pick him up and relocate him. And he doesn't freak out anymore when I put him in a kennel so I can walk my two dogs without them screwing with him. When I came inside for the night I left the kennel door open so he could have the run of the back yard and last I looked he was still in there. I covered it with a heavy tarp so it's probably a big, safe cubby hole for him.

Magic_Salad0892
08-21-12, 02:47
I have the same offer on all the FL forums and got a buddy to list it on TOS in the Hometown forum, hopefully somebody will come through.

I also did the "Free Dog To A Good Home" thing on Craigslist but that one sorta scares me as they have had a problem with psychos getting free dogs so they have something to torture and kill.

I think of all the ****ing people who have contributed to this situation (the assholes that gave the dog to the assholes who lost the dog, the potential sick ****ers who troll Craigslist looking for free torture subjects, the endless parade of indifferent ****ers in my neighborhood who see a stray puppy and do NOTHING to try and help it and last but not least the assholes who blow down the street at 45mph and put every loose animal at risk) and how he got lucky enough to find the one damn house where somebody will do their best for him (mine) and I'm convinced I need to name him Lucky.

It's either Lucky or Houdini, but that's another story.

After 24 hours he isn't really growling at me any more. He begrudgingly holds still if I pick him up and relocate him. And he doesn't freak out anymore when I put him in a kennel so I can walk my two dogs without them screwing with him. When I came inside for the night I left the kennel door open so he could have the run of the back yard and last I looked he was still in there. I covered it with a heavy tarp so it's probably a big, safe cubby hole for him.

Houdini. Or Iggy. :P

SteyrAUG
08-21-12, 13:55
Houdini. Or Iggy. :P

Or....Izzy. My favorite "halien" refugee from Miami Vice.

:D

Magic_Salad0892
08-21-12, 20:26
Or....Izzy. My favorite "halien" refugee from Miami Vice.

:D

Badass! Name decided!

Howerver... that also makes Sonny an option. :D

PaulL
08-22-12, 17:39
I'll throw in 2 30-rd black PMAGs. Steyr, PM me if you get any takers.

I REALLY hate stupid people. Especially when they're stupid with animals.

Army Chief
08-22-12, 17:47
Just added a shelter pup (Lab/hound mix) to the pack a month ago, so every night is a Three Dog Night for us these days. ;)

AC