PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Computers!

PA PATRIOT
08-20-12, 19:48
Every have a pain in the ass missing driver and you just can't find it anywhere on the Internet.

I'M running M/S XP pro on a Medion MD 8825 computer (AKA Medion UK 15 model 2) and I can't locate a Ethernet controller driver to save me life. My motherboard is a MSI K9AGM2-F-L Version 1.1 and I down loaded every driver on the MSI website for this exact motherboard with negative results to find the E/C driver.

Hopefully someone here who knows computers can lend a helping hand.

Thanks!

sadmin
08-20-12, 20:05
Phila- so the VIA Hyperion driver was installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; coherency may be in jeopardy.

PA PATRIOT
08-20-12, 20:13
Phila- so the VIA Hyperion driver was installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; coherency may be in jeopardy.

I have the ATI XP South Bridge chip set drivers from MSI. Since I changed over to a EVEA GeForce GT550 video card I don't down load the VIA Hyperion drive for the disabled on board graphics which is HD1250.

chadbag
08-21-12, 00:05
I have the ATI XP South Bridge chip set drivers from MSI. Since I changed over to a EVEA GeForce GT550 video card I don't down load the VIA Hyperion drive for the disabled on board graphics which is HD1250.

I stopped playing with Windows a long time ago, but I think what sadmin was getting at, is sometimes, with these integrated chipsets, the driver is for more than just the onboard graphics -- it is for everything that has been integrated into the chipset which includes low level I/O and stuff often.

So try re-enabling the VIA Hyperion driver that sadmin mentioned and then try loading the E/C driver which may need the low level stuff first.

---

SMETNA
08-21-12, 02:35
Macintosh.

That is all.

:D

Eta:

You have the most recent Service Pack update for XP? Because I've run into issues where peripherals and software was completely non op until I patched XP. (before I switched to Mac in 2006)