PDA

View Full Version : Anybody familiar with Forces of Valor models?

Doc Safari
08-21-12, 15:42
I built tank and armor models in my youth. One day I happened upon a company making what appear to be diecast models of famous military vehicles.

http://www.forcesofvalor.com/product.php

The photos make the models look damn good. I never was a stickler for accuracy as much as the overall quality of building and painting.

It would sure be nice to have some pre-built and painted models that are mostly metal so (hopefully) they don't end up in the trash like the models I built years ago.

A couple are listed on Amazon and customers complained that (apparently) there is at least some (?) assembly required.

Anybody know anything about these?

They're kind of pricey, but I've been drooling over these ever since I discovered them by accident.

Spurholder
08-21-12, 19:21
I used to have a matched set of FoV models (M1A1 and M2A2) on my desk. I bought them in 2003-04 and they were a mix of metal and plastic. Very detailed, durable to boot. Mine were fully assembled, save putting the antennas on.

FoV picked up the slack from 21st Century Toys when they went out of business. I still have about 20 of the 21st Century Toys/Ultimate Soldier 1/32 line (mostly WWII stuff) in a tote, waiting on Kid #1 to get a little bigger.

chadbag
08-21-12, 19:46
I have seen the FoV at Wal-Mart, Target, and various toy stores at various times. Each place only carried a couple of the catalog items but they did look very good and were quite affordable in price.

I was tempted a few times to pick up an item or two of the FoV line but when I saw them my kid was too young and I had better places to spend the money.

-

If you want smaller 1/144 scale prebuilt models (plastic), the Dragon Models line Can.Do Pocket Army line includes both modern armor, airplanes, and helicopters as well as WW2. They look very good and are very inexpensive. They look cool hanging out on your desk or on your computer etc.

(And if anyone is interested, I used to be a Dragon Models dealer and have some Can.Do stuff left over so PM me, but that is not the point of my post).

Zhurdan
08-21-12, 23:23
I'd buy a Corsair just for the hell of it being I LOVE that plane for whatever reason... aka Baaa Baaaa Blacksheep.