PDA

View Full Version : Tac Force

Nastynewt
01-29-08, 21:39
any one here use Tac Force gear?
http://www.tac-force.com/index.html

heston911
01-29-08, 21:44
It "looks" OK. I think it might be made in China though.:( Therefore I can't bring myself to purchase anything. I live down the street from Impact guns and they carry a bunch of it.

kennytx
01-29-08, 21:52
I have a 36" TTS case. Good product for those on a limited budget like me.
Made in Taiwan.

heston911
01-29-08, 21:57
Oh OK. New it was something like that. Taiwan= GTG :)

Nastynewt
01-29-08, 22:00
thank you guys for the fast reply

Nastynewt
01-29-08, 22:06
I was also looking at vest from Black Hawk

Shihan
01-30-08, 00:32
The stuff I have seen by them looks like I made it.:D

ARin
01-30-08, 00:58
I only have their discreet case....but it is a SOLID piece of gear...the zippers are quality and the stiching is good.

it is better than those generic molle cases that have been popping up everywhere.....(which i also have, and is NOT holding up as well.)

TimW
01-30-08, 01:39
The gun cases are OK for a range case. Anything requiring harder use, perhaps look elsewhere.

I've not heard anything positive about their vests or tactical gear, other than it's cheap...um...er...I mean inexpensive.

You generally get what you pay for in tactical gear. If you're an airsofter, this stuff will be fine. If you're trusting your life to your gear, please tell me your life is worth more than a $40 vest.

twodollarbill
01-30-08, 19:12
I only have their discreet case....but it is a SOLID piece of gear...the zippers are quality and the stiching is good.

it is better than those generic molle cases that have been popping up everywhere.....(which i also have, and is NOT holding up as well.)

I agree....except I have two.

TacMatt
01-30-08, 19:59
I have 3 Tac Force discreet cases (I work at a local gun shop and got them at cost). I have broken 2 of the snap hooks on the shoulder strap (different cases) just loading them into my vehicle. They seem to be very thin, weak "pot metal" hooks.

BigRed
02-01-08, 00:40
STAY AWAY. Absolute garbage. We were issued that stuff a couple years ago, only the Eurotrash guys wore it. Even the Iraqis ditched it and bought thier own kit.

Nastynewt
02-06-08, 02:49
I think I found the vest I like Blackhawk Omega Cross Draw/Pistol Mag Vest at a good price.
http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=30VT26&C=C1116

mike240
02-06-08, 03:24
I will have to disagree with some about the TTS cases. I have had one for 10 years that is my daily case. It has been tossed into and out of patrol car trunks, used as a rest, mat etc. on SWAT callouts. Been soaked from rain and froze over with frost.

I have a few other ones too and have never had an issue or a broken stitch. That is not to say that some have not failed. Of course I have also seen poor and busted stitching on cases and gear that cost several times more too. And say it isnt so...but Colt 6721s with short chambers and barrels that were barely screwed on...

Their DTS cases are great for 3 gunning too.

You do not always get what you pay for. And I have found that there are some bargains to be had. But to each his own....just my experience.

twodollarbill
02-06-08, 19:05
Tac Force TTS cases are good cases.
I've owned a 33" and 36" TTS for about 5 years. Abuse the crap out of them.
Dont purse carry them...so I can't complain about the straps. Can't bitch about
the vests either...never owned or seen one.
If I needed another weapon case....I'd like to buy American made....but $60??
Tac Force's website has a 62" Drag bag for 50 cal.....like to here a review
if someone has one?

SuicideHz
02-06-08, 19:10
I've beaten the shit out of my case for over 3 years. it's got lube stains, powder stains from being in the wrong place on the bench and just all sorts of misc. grime inside that's leaked out after shooting suppressed...

holding up fine, absolutely no problems.

caporider
02-07-08, 09:58
The discreet rifle case itself is fine, but I have to agree that the snap hooks and d-rings for the shoulder strap are crap.

Failure2Stop
02-08-08, 08:25
. . . Blackhawk Omega Cross Draw/Pistol Mag Vest . . .

My input on this-

Avoid Blackhawk gear. Their quality (while never really bombproof) has declined in the recent past. Stitching/thread is not up to snuff and fabric is below par for application.

Avoid vests that close with a zipper only. Given the substandard performance of BH! thread and stitching, I would not be suprised if the zipper fails rather quickly in actual use. Should the zipper break, the vest will flop open, which is generally considered to be sub-optimal.

Avoid cross-draw vests in general. Drawing and holstering the weapon will force you to muzzle anyone off to your left side. Under stress you have a very high probability of ADing during the draw, which will not be in the direction of the threat. The draw is not as efficient from a cross-draw holster as with standard placement holsters, and will not hold up under stress. The retention strap/clip is not a preferred method of handgun retention.

Avoid vests that have you reloading pistol from a pouch on your neck. Optimum placement for a pistol reload is the lower torso/waist. Proper grip of the magazine is not natural from the high position of the pouches.

Avoid vests that force you to reload with your strong-hand. Serious AR users reload with the weak hand, keeping the strong hand on the pistol grip. The magazines are generally used from the center, outward. Optimum placement is natural hand-fall on the abdomen/belt or thigh sub-load. Reaching accross the body to reload is not preferable and very difficuly when in the prone.

This vest will not survive serious use or your skill progression. I advise buying a quality modular vest and a decent holster.

Just a quick .02, trying to provide decent info to facilitate an informed decision prior to wasting money.

R.Miksits
02-08-08, 11:55
I'm not going to step onto Failure2Stop's toes and tell him hes wrong, because hes not. On top of that hes a multitude of somewhere 1000000000X more experience. However I will say I have had a Blackhawk vest, for a little of 3 months and its holding up fine, but its going through its first carbine class this weekend.

I'm also not going to Iraq/afghan anytime soon so I'm not going to buy my dream Eagle vest right now. If I was going to Iraq id ditch everything I own thats black hawk for Eagle stuff.

Stay away from cross draw.

Id recommend a vest more like the one I own which is http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=37CL01&C=C1645 . I would go moelle right away and avoid vest that can not be changed to your personal feel.

Rob