PDA

View Full Version : M&P45 Trigger

Doc. Holiday
08-22-12, 18:02
I have searched the forums and I don't seem to find a thread for this. (Please move this thread if I have mistakenly made a thread when there was already an existing one)

I'm looking to replace my M&P 45 trigger. I have heard a little bit about the APEX AEK trigger. Not much though. Which triggers do people here recommend I should get? This is not going to be a competition gun so I don't need a 3lb trigger by any means. I'm just looking for a crisp and solid 4-5lb trigger. What triggers do you guys recommend? Please note if the trigger you are describing needs a gunsmith to install.

Thanks guys!

CoryCop25
08-22-12, 18:22
http://www.gandrtactical.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?preadd=action&key=APEX_DCAEK&reference=/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi%3Fsearch%3Daction%26keywords%3D%26searchstart%3D0%26template%3DPDGCommTemplates/FullNav/SearchResult.html%26category%3DAPEX

This may or may not need gunsmith install depending on your ability. The rear sight needs to be drifted off. I have several of these. They are great!

donlapalma
08-22-12, 18:38
Not sure how you performed your search, but all I did was click on the orange search button near the top of the page and typed in "m&p trigger" into the Google search bar which yielded the following results:

https://www.m4carbine.net/gtsearch.php?cx=003496919632624929056%3Adhiwgm0hbaa&cof=FORID%3A10&ie=UTF-8&q=m%26p+trigger&siteurl=www.m4carbine.net%2Fsearch.php%3Fdo%3Dprocess&ref=www.m4carbine.net%2Fsearch.php%3Fdo%3Dprocess&ss=2200j935196j12

The short answer is Apex Tactical. Happy reading.

RWK
08-23-12, 20:50
I have an Apex DCAEK installed in my .45C. Love it! Trigger pull is ~5-ish #. I would recommend having a gunsmith install it. Sometimes they drop right in, other times they need a little tweaking.

TAZ
08-23-12, 21:37
Don't have a MP45 (yet... Don't tell the wife), but the Apex DCAEK is the bomb. I installed one into my MP9 and the trigger pull is fantastic. CRISP 5.5# on my scale. The only negative is that there is still a lot of over travel, not as much as the factory trigger, but still a lot. Be aware that this may just be my gun or my anality. Install was easy if you're competent with basic hand tools. I watched the videos a couple of times before trying and it all went smooth. I do have a sight pusher which made the sight removal easy.